Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-14-2005, 05:07 PM

Default Grand V is now one day

The upcoming pokerroom tourney, which was scheduled for 2 days like the previous ones, is now scheduled for one day. Gonna be a long day (14h+) if you make it.

Here's an e-mail I just got:

[ QUOTE ]

There has been a very recent change to the Grand V tournament that is scheduled to commence at 3pm EST Saturday December 17th.

This tournament was initially scheduled to be a two day event with play running for approximately 6.5 hours on Saturday with the conclusion on Sunday.

Due to a technical problem discovered this week by the network administrators it has been decided to run the Grand Tournament 5 as a one day event to ensure that it runs smoothly. It will still commence at 3pm EST on Saturday December 17th and will run until the winner is crowned.

Rest assured however, that the tournament is still providing a guaranteed prize pool of $500,000.

Please accept my apologies for this scheduling change and the late notice.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-14-2005, 05:24 PM

Default Re: Grand V is now one day

Is an overlay likely? I was under the impression that this was a relatively small tournament.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:17 PM

this is the first one i will play, but i'm pretty sure they've met 500 the last couple times or very close to it.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:21 PM

im excited for this one [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2005, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is an overlay likely? I was under the impression that this was a relatively small tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

536 in Grand IV and I think Grand III was over 500.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The upcoming pokerroom tourney, which was scheduled for 2 days like the previous ones, is now scheduled for one day. Gonna be a long day (14h+) if you make it.

Here's an e-mail I just got:

[ QUOTE ]

There has been a very recent change to the Grand V tournament that is scheduled to commence at 3pm EST Saturday December 17th.

This tournament was initially scheduled to be a two day event with play running for approximately 6.5 hours on Saturday with the conclusion on Sunday.

Due to a technical problem discovered this week by the network administrators it has been decided to run the Grand Tournament 5 as a one day event to ensure that it runs smoothly. It will still commence at 3pm EST on Saturday December 17th and will run until the winner is crowned.

Rest assured however, that the tournament is still providing a guaranteed prize pool of $500,000.

Please accept my apologies for this scheduling change and the late notice.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They're not allowing direct buy-in's for this one. A friend of mine won the last one and he told me last week that you have to qualify for this one. So the field might not be as large.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They're not allowing direct buy-in's for this one. A friend of mine won the last one and he told me last week that you have to qualify for this one. So the field might not be as large.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can buy-in for $1000 if you want. 181 signed up so far.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:16 PM

I'll be there provided that you can buy directly in. I was looking forward to it as a two day event, but I guess I'll need to prepare myself for some possible marathon poker on Saturday.

-Rizen