Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2005, 06:46 AM

Default Betting capped on all streets, what to do at the river?

MP1 is 64/5/.25 (63 hands) VPIP/PFR/AF
Button is 92/20/.44 (25 hands)

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (12.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (24.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 30.25 BB

River card is kind of scary, especially since it was not uncommon for people to cap the betting while still on draws. Am I right to put the brakes on when it hits? Or do I need to man up and keep on raising, and if I get rivered (or outdrawn on the turn, for that matter), then it sucks to be me...

Results will be posted tomorrow.
Old 05-21-2005, 06:53 AM

Default Re: Betting capped on all streets, what to do at the river?

You are fine against MP1. Set over set or he limped with high PP.

Button staying in is what u have to worry about as he probably either has a draw or high PPs (which u dont have to worry about, unless it was QQ).

EDIT: Just saw their stats, missed that 1st time around...they dont look like the folding types, still u would think button would fold if he had nothing.
Old 05-21-2005, 06:02 PM

Well, here's the results.

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Td Th (three of a kind, tens).
MP1 has 6c Tc (two pair, tens and sixes).
Button has 9d 9s (one pair, nines).
Outcome: Hero wins 30.25 BB. </font>

I was really expecting MP1 to turn over AQ[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], or even Ax[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. And honestly, AKo would not have suprised me at this table. But I guess I chickened out on the river, and could have pushed harder.

Needless to say, it was an interesting table.
Old 05-21-2005, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, here's the results.

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Td Th (three of a kind, tens).
MP1 has 6c Tc (two pair, tens and sixes).
Button has 9d 9s (one pair, nines).
Outcome: Hero wins 30.25 BB. </font>

I was really expecting MP1 to turn over AQ[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], or even Ax[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. And honestly, AKo would not have suprised me at this table. But I guess I chickened out on the river, and could have pushed harder.

Needless to say, it was an interesting table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to 2/4
Old 05-21-2005, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Welcome to 2/4

[/ QUOTE ]
So do you cap the river?