Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 12:12 PM

Default JTs for 2 more preflop?

Button was a Laggy 36/11/2, BB was LA-P and nothing on UTG.

An earlier poster commented on calling 2 bets cold with JTs. Normally I'll dump JTs to a raise, am I missing something? What's your line here?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero???
Old 12-16-2005, 12:32 PM

Default Re: JTs for 2 more preflop?

I agree with the limp, but I am laying this down out of position when it is 2 bets back. Had the BB not 3 bet I would call. Just because we have him as a LAG doesn't mean we aren't dominated. Your only other option is to reraise to isolate the BB if you feel the Button will lay down his hand.

Brian

edit: mistyped BB for button.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:02 PM

Hi fairnbalncd i like the pre flop limp and i am calling two cold when it is back to me because i am a sucker for big pots. The only negative to calling here is you will be stuck between the BB and tha LAG and a draw could be very expensive.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:40 PM

Grunch

This is a hand you want to see cheaply with a lot of limpers. As you are sitting in EP with lots of players left to act including a LAG, I don't like to limp here. I fold pf.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:10 PM

I agree with sarsen, here. This is a situation where you have to use the reads you've got and realize that you'll be in a tough spot if the TWO pf LAGs that are yet to act (BB being LA-P) get chippy. Two bad possibilities (you call, it gets folded to a LAG who raises and then folded to you, or you call there are some number of limps/folds and then it's raised and 3-bet) vs. two good ones (you call, as do a couple of others and the LAGs either limp or bail out, or a bunch of people stay in it gets raised and everybody calls) is not a +EV situation. You want to play in places where the positive outcomes greatly outnumber the negative ones.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:14 PM

why does everyone like the limp in ep.

edit: sorry not everyone likes it, but those that do, why?
Old 12-16-2005, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why does everyone like the limp in ep.

edit: sorry not everyone likes it, but those that do, why?

[/ QUOTE ]

With a poster and a limper in front of me this is an easy limp for me even if the lags decide to get chippy i think this hand plays well against their range and has good implied odds post flop. I know the standard strategy against lags is play tighter but i personally have no problem playing JTs here. I am not saying this is right or wrong just that it is a hand i would play at this table without giving it a second thought.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:41 PM

I'd call one bet back but not two.

I don't mind the limp; I can see it either way. I don't really read the pf raise of 11 as highly aggressive; with the poster in already, I think you can be assured of at least one more caller, and not necessarily a raise.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you can be assured of at least one more caller, and not necessarily a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree we might get enough limpers, but why do you think it won't likely be raised? You still have like 7 people to act after you. I would limp this in later position, but utg+1 is too early. If op had said the table was very loose/passive, then sure limp, but I didn't read that any where.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you can be assured of at least one more caller, and not necessarily a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree we might get enough limpers, but why do you think it won't likely be raised? You still have like 7 people to act after you. I would limp this in later position, but utg+1 is too early. If op had said the table was very loose/passive, then sure limp, but I didn't read that any where.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I just assumed the opposite; I didn't read that the table was very aggressive preflop. Also, I'm thinking that as long as I have enough people along for the ride that I don't mind calling one bet back to me, so even if one raise comes in half the time it's not the end of the world. I wasn't counting on a 3bet and hate that, obviously a good reason to consider mucking right off the bat.

Don't get me wrong, when I know the table is aggressive I definitely muck.