Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 11:08 AM

Default Re: My Take On [censored]\'s Actions

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
However, if another poster made a post about cufflinks and dress shirts, would the same response be generated if not completely ignored.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it very likely would have generated a good response, because it was a fundamentally solid thread. Also look at the "Best SNL commercial" "Best post-SNL career" "Books I've read lately" and "Songs you are embarrassed to like" for examples of other good threads.

They all share common characteristics.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said - i wasn't having a dig...i was just saying that the more respected posters get a lot more leeway than people who are new....At some point everyone must have been new....

That was all I was saying....

I read most threads and don't hardly start any - I'm ashamed to admit that...My contribution is a lot less impressive than someone like yours....However, My original point was along the lines of :

"if your face doesn't fit, a mod can arguably ban you....", and there are a lot of solid posters on this forum who are saying there are certain cliques on here !

However, this is a silly argument anyway...."

I understand that those threads all have similar traits...

However, For example....The "beedog thread" was almost deleted my [censored]...yet it generated a lot of amusement for several other posters.....Thats what I'm trying to get at...One persons cool is anothers uncool and vice versa !
Old 10-13-2005, 11:17 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
but there is no doubt in my mind that threads you start will get more attention then other peoples threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why might this be the case? Maybe because El D has a history of making good posts? I know for sure there are threads that I will click just because certain posters made them. El D is one of them, because he is a good poster.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:09 PM

The beedog thread was a great link, but of course not a great poll/discussion. [censored] messed up and did not notice the link. Without the link, that was stupid. Just a misunderstanding.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
However, if another poster made a post about cufflinks and dress shirts, would the same response be generated if not completely ignored.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it very likely would have generated a good response, because it was a fundamentally solid thread. Also look at the "Best SNL commercial" "Best post-SNL career" "Books I've read lately" and "Songs you are embarrassed to like" for examples of other good threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the flip side, "Who has a printer at home poll" ? Yuck.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, I must have missed that one. Can anyone post a link or bump it for me? Thanks.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Today's average OOTer is so lame, I'd be in favor of locking OOT from everybody who didn't have a post here before 6 months ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

ive been on 2+2 for a year and half ever since then everyone's been talking about the glory days of OOT. six months ago you had just as many knuckleheads in OOT as today. that's probably when every other post was something about pooper or a picture of that stupid burning moutain of dung.

that being said i think [censored] is out of control and if i was a mod my first act would be to ban him. im tired of seeing him here. i just found out yesterday that the ignore function does not work on mods. balance is a wonderful thing. learn to use it [censored].

bwana
Old 10-13-2005, 12:19 PM

Old 10-13-2005, 01:02 PM

Agreed.
Old 10-13-2005, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I need to understand this. You may be amazed to find that I posted this poll, not for the amusement of everyone in OOT, but to satisfy my own curiosity as to what percentage of people actually bother to own a printer. So if my intention was not to amuse everyone, but instead to have a question answered for me, what difference does it make?

Darwin's theory of natural selection dictates that the "weak" threads will quickly fall of the front page and lose out to the stronger threads. So would someone, please tell me why you are all wasting SOOO much time trying to "fix" OOT? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-13-2005, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Darwin's theory of natural selection dictates that the "weak" threads will quickly fall of the front page and lose out to the stronger threads. So would someone, please tell me why you are all wasting SOOO much time trying to "fix" OOT? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]for some reason darwins theory currently does not apply here.