ATM, next.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:33 PM

Default Re: Money Stolen

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
jesus, you guys are slow.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yeah, we all forgot, you are well known around here for your intelligence and comedy gold

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're going to insult his intelligence, you should probably say comedic gold.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree. so does glogel.

Results 1 - 10 of about 173,000 for "comedy gold". (0.06 seconds)
Results 1 - 10 of about 19,300 for "comedic gold". (0.03 seconds)
Old 12-12-2005, 07:37 PM

To all the people saying "you're an idiot" and "omg you are so stupid" re: leaving the money out:

I do not know OP, but my understanding is he has a lot of money. If so, you're all hugely over-reacting about this. Would it be stupid for you to leave your car keys and wallet with $75 in it on the bathroom counter after you got out of the shower and headed to bed? Maybe for some of you. For other of you, most definitely not. Sure there are always going to be safer places for it, but for someone else to get all up on you for it and call you a moron is dumb. Just because it may be a moronic for you to do does not make it equally stupid for someone else who has a lot more money. As an extreme example with the same principle, it would be dumb for a full-time McDonalds cashier to watch Warren Buffet throwing down $10k/hand Blackjack and berate him for being such a moronic fool as to take such a risk with such a "large" amount of money.

Again, I do not know OP at all. But it just strikes me as really unintelligent to tell someone else they're making such a hugeomgstupid mistake based solely on the fact that it'd be a mistake for themselves in this instance. I doubt I would have this natural reaction if it were just casually mentioned, but everybody seems to be making a huge deal out of the fact that OP is obviously a gigantic [censored] moron.

GoT
Old 12-12-2005, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If this happens to me, the police are absolutely getting called. I'm wondering if an unlimited number of hotel employees would have had access to the room. If not, I want each employee who DID have access searched, and pronto.

What hotel was this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Searched on what grounds? Because you tell teh police they stole your money? There is no probable cause to search. If this were to work you could search people homes by merely accusing them of stealing your shoe.

OP is an idiot for leaving his cash out and now its gone, though luck but I'm sure he wont do it again.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To all the people saying "you're an idiot" and "omg you are so stupid" re: leaving the money out:

I do not know OP, but my understanding is he has a lot of money. If so, you're all hugely over-reacting about this. Would it be stupid for you to leave your car keys and wallet with $75 in it on the bathroom counter after you got out of the shower and headed to bed? Maybe for some of you. For other of you, most definitely not. Sure there are always going to be safer places for it, but for someone else to get all up on you for it and call you a moron is dumb. Just because it may be a moronic for you to do does not make it equally stupid for someone else who has a lot more money. As an extreme example with the same principle, it would be dumb for a full-time McDonalds cashier to watch Warren Buffet throwing down $10k/hand Blackjack and berate him for being such a moronic fool as to take such a risk with such a "large" amount of money.

Again, I do not know OP at all. But it just strikes me as really unintelligent to tell someone else they're making such a hugeomgstupid mistake based solely on the fact that it'd be a mistake for themselves in this instance. I doubt I would have this natural reaction if it were just casually mentioned, but everybody seems to be making a huge deal out of the fact that OP is obviously a gigantic [censored] moron.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I talked to you about this on IRC, but I figured id leave my point here anyway, since im the one who first called him a moron.

You have a very valid point, and its true. 2K to him is prolly like $20 to me, and I wouldnt get paranoid about leaving $20 on a counter, simply because I dont care. But if that same $20 got stolen, I wouldnt get all upset about it, and waste a couple hours pointlessly arguing with hotel managment. Id chalk it up in the loss column and move on, cuz its pocket change. But OP here obviously did get upset about his 2K being gone, and if it was going to be that upsetting for him to lose it, then he shouldnt have left it on the counter in the other room in a place where it isnt 100% secure. If you are going to leave an amount of money out like that, that you do actually consider substantial, then it is definately dumb.

Also tho, all of the comments i made towards the OP about being a moron were brought about by the fact his post comes off like it was written by an ignorant Ahole....and then when called out on it by tons of people, he tried to play it off like he was just kidding or something.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:49 PM

you dont think the comments about ethnicity were a joke? i thought it was pretty obviously sarcastic, and i also thought they were funny.

your comment about how he is not well known in OOT for being funny just reeked of stupidity as well
Old 12-12-2005, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you dont think the comments about ethnicity were a joke? i thought it was pretty obviously sarcastic, and i also thought they were funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I dont think they were a joke. If they were then it was a really bad delivery. In a post thats obviously 100% serious, he throws in 2 words completely out of nowhere that are supposed to be for humor, but absolutely nothing else in the entire post is?? yeah, sorry, that just doesnt add up.

So either he sucks at being funny, and my comments about his humor arent that far off, or hes just another ignorant person, and again, my comments arent that far off.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:59 PM

the more subtle these jokes are the better they are, duh?

anyway sometimes racial descriptions like that add color to a story, theyre not necessarily racist
Old 12-12-2005, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the more subtle these jokes are the better they are, duh?

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, then in all my replies to him, I was just joking, but just being really subtle about it

[ QUOTE ]
anyway sometimes racial descriptions like that add color to a story, theyre not necessarily racist

[/ QUOTE ]

how exactly in this case did it add "color" to the story?

dont get me wrong, im not some PC anal nut job....Im as big a fan of racially offensive jokes as any card carrying member of the KKK, but IMO this was just blatently unecessary and facilitaed by the fact OP was pissed off about the situation...it didnt add color, it just made him look dumb
Old 12-12-2005, 08:08 PM

Wow - I really just wanted to know if I had any recourse as relates to the hotel's liability on this.

Anyway - Thanks for the feedback, I guess.

The gay black employee line was purely a shot at all of you who freak out whenever such stuff is mentioned - mainly in situations when it is at least tangentially relevant - "Asian gambooler raises on the button" etc...

So I used such prejudice in a place where it had absolutely nothing to do with anything. Like such over the top closed minded biggotry that even you hyper PC flamers would know it was a joke and laugh. Alas, not.

Anyway, I don't have that much money, but that's not the point. I almost just left and didn't report it, because I didn't want to waste my day, but by not reporting it, I just let them fck me. So I went to talk to someone about it.

And GoT, I appreciate your insight.