Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 03:27 PM

Default 100/200 big pot.....could it have been made bigger?

I know the hero shouldnt complain, but i am wondering if he could have played it diffrently to extract more...perhaps cap preflop or leading flop?....Not much of a cash player so I beseech the opinions of all the 2+2 intellegentsia...

middle guy fishy i guess...and 3 bettor is tight aggressive winner at 100-200..

http://www.pokerhand.org/index.php?p...mp;hand=182968

sheets
Old 12-05-2005, 03:32 PM

Default Re: 100/200 big pot.....could it have been made bigger?

Converter.

No one like going back and forth.

Tex
Old 12-05-2005, 03:38 PM

sry i am conveter ignorant for now...

sheets
Old 12-05-2005, 04:38 PM

This
Old 12-05-2005, 05:23 PM

Capping ToughCents preflop there is no good. Expert genius played the hand very expertly IMO, especially the river. I think we can narrow his hand down to AA AK or 1010, when he doesnt raise us on the turn. No reason for KK or QQ to smooth call, and he is already gone with 88 and 99, although those are probably preflop folds for him. He isnt paying off a river bet with 1010, and he will bet AA AK everytime on the end. He cant have AQ here cause it isnt in his three bet range. If he could it would probably be a little closer, but I would still like a CR.

Flop checkraise looks standard. Expert genius sent me this hand, and told me you kinda liked leading. I think leading is OK sometimes, but the action goes bet, raise, three bet on the flop and then call, call on the turn and river too much that way. I could see leading the flop and then going for a bet, three bet on the turn if raised. Its kinda a screwball line and works VS the aggro types but not sure about it VS this player. Anyway when expert genius check raises the flop he will be three bet a lot, and will be able to cap flop or call the three bet and checkraise the turn. I think we get more action in by checkraising more often than not.