Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2004, 05:51 PM

Default Re: When your \"A\" game drops to your \"B\" game or worse...

Wow, thats impressive advice. I am most upset at myself over this situation because I have read pretty much every poker book at Borders. I spend a lot of time thinking about the game, I am usually a winner, I track my wins/losses/hourly. I am proficient in several games and have faired okay in some tournaments. However, it seems like these lessons that I should learn by reading I have to learn the hard way. I have obviously read at length about tilt and control, and even worse, while I was sitting there a few nights ago I could SEE myself playing like crap, I KNEW I was playing like crap, but I fell in to the trap of trying to "catch up" to what I had lost. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2004, 07:53 PM

Everyone knows you're meant to leave/take a break when you're playing badly. I find it near impossible to do though because I don't like accepting that I'm tilting. Maybe you want to just want to get your money back.... or worse, maybe you want to get it back from a particular sucker and stick it to him good. Either way, these are dangerous thoughts.
The sad truth, Mr Stang, is that I've just realised that I have absolutely no useful advice for you at all. Once I learn how to walk off I'll post another message and then turn pro.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:30 PM

1) Agree best course of action is to leave.
2) If you can't leave and you are steaming, keep repeating to self: Play the cards right, play the cards right, play the cards right. If you actually play cards right, you may still be pissed, but maybe you keep your game at A-!, esp if playing online and noone needs to know you are steaming
Old 09-14-2004, 11:00 PM

Here's what I don't get about these kinds of posts. You say you made a 'bad read', which I take to mean that there was information at your disposal which you either a) chose to ignore, or b)didn't fully account for. So which is it?
Old 09-14-2004, 11:33 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 09-15-2004, 01:28 AM

If you drove half an hour to get to the cardroom and you don't want to brood and drive back, at least take a break and grab something to eat. Brood over food, you'll at least be full afterwards. You'll have some time to relax a little, not stress about the cards and about how after the loss you're still getting crappy cards, and then go back after you feel as if you're set back to normal.