Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 12:53 AM

Default Trying to build a bank roll, limit or no limit?

I have a pretty small bank roll and want to try and build it on the lower levels. I'm just not sure whether i should play limit or no limit. Which is eaiser to build a bank roll at lower levels? Does it even matter?
Old 10-04-2005, 12:56 AM

Default Re: Trying to build a bank roll, limit or no limit?

If you feel you're better at one game, then play that. If not, I would suggest limit, just because there is more good information in books and articles, and it might be easier to learn.

Edit: Also, BONUS WHORE. If you're playing micro limits and not clearing a bonus, you're giving up a lot of money.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:33 AM

no, im not clearing a bonus........what do you mean
Old 10-04-2005, 01:50 AM

Check out the internet bonuses forum. There's no reason to play micro limits without getting a bonus. You should be able to make about $5 per 100 hands in bonuses if you play .5/1 limit.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Check out the internet bonuses forum. There's no reason to play micro limits without getting a bonus. You should be able to make about $5 per 100 hands in bonuses if you play .5/1 limit.

[/ QUOTE ] Is it really that much?? are you sure?? Name some bonuses you've cleared
What site?
How much?
How fast?
Old 10-04-2005, 08:58 AM

Realize, of course, that in the 1/2 cents NL HE poker I play on PokerStars, there is no bonus earning possible. This game too is micro-limit. Even if PS permitted bonus earnings at this level, since this level is a factor of 50 lower than the 50/100 cents game you describe, bonus isn't a factor. I suppose you intend to say 50/100 cents, and higher, games should always be played in an optimal bonus situation. In this respect your contribution is valuable!

Dave
Old 10-04-2005, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Is it really that much?? are you sure?? Name some bonuses you've cleared
What site?
How much?
How fast?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check out this link from bonuswhores.com for the estimated clearing rate for bonuses. Also check their main page for a current list of bonuses.

Party and Empire (just to name two) usually have a montly reload that clears at about $5 per 100 hands at $.50/$1. It's usually a max of $100 for the bonus. I've cleared bonuses at both those sites in each of the last 3-4 months ($250 last month from just those two).

You might also want to check in on the Internet Bonuses forum here on 2+2 occasionally. Bonuses are a huge part of bankroll building for beginning players, and you definitely want to take full advantage of them.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What site?
How much?
How fast?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just cleared EmpirePoker's $100 playing 2 hours at night when I get home...3-4 days...cake. I cleared Party Poker just as easy. I am now working on PokerRoom.com's, but I must confess...it sucks, in my opinion [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

PokerRoom (and I hear Ultimate Bet) uses the 'player point' system and it is taking forever for me to clear...3 days into it (again, just playing a couple hours when I get home...the weekends will help out) and I am only 1/10th of the way there....ouch [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2005, 02:51 PM

Check out this link from bonuswhores.com for the estimated clearing rate for bonuses. Also check their main page for a current list of bonuses.

Party and Empire (just to name two) usually have a montly reload that clears at about $5 per 100 hands at $.50/$1. It's usually a max of $100 for the bonus. I've cleared bonuses at both those sites in each of the last 3-4 months ($250 last month from just those two).

You might also want to check in on the Internet Bonuses forum here on 2+2 occasionally. Bonuses are a huge part of bankroll building for beginning players, and you definitely want to take full advantage of them.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nice!! thanks