Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 06:53 PM

Default Re: QQ vs schneids

Lets think about this hand from Schneid's perspective. Preflop, three bet could be a lot of stuff including PP's >6? Lets assume he had one of these PP's > 6 and <QQ. How might we suggest he play it?

On this flop he could play back at you, but cannot like the K given your reduced range after your cap. So seems reasonalbe to check call to see what happens. Turn A, check, check, hmm, that is odd. He can pretty much put you on your hand here (1010-QQ). Now river blamks. I think a lot of the advice on this board would be to bet/fold to see if he can get you to lay down.

The standard would be for him to check fold this river since he cannot beat anything with one of those specific hands. But, isnt this bet expert from 10,10 or 7,7 when it is from someone we like and here a donkified bet when it is from a goon on PP?

So my point is you can be ahead here. Now do we want to do that math to see if it is enough? You need 16% His preflop range is what? Ax (x>7), Kx (x>9), PP>5.

If we exclude 99 and 88 which I think we can be sure he doesnt have, off the top of my head I am getting 24 combinations we beat out of 144 possible, which is 16.6%

Seems pretty darn close with a slight edge toward calling. Obviously if you think any of my assumtions are off that could put it over the edge either way.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:59 PM

from schneids perspective, what hand range would he think you have to raise the river after checking the turn?

Barron
Old 09-28-2005, 08:03 PM

Raise this river and 6BB's are yours. Schneids did this same move against me one night betting out on the river with his 99 on a KT748
Old 09-28-2005, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise this river and 6BB's are yours. Schneids did this same move against me one night betting out on the river with his 99 on a KT748

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the point of the raise?
Old 09-28-2005, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the point of the raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is none. That is horrible advice.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bellagio 80/160 full table. Neither of us are running overly well and I don't really think we'd tangled in awhile.

I open raised QQ in teh co, schneids 3 bet ouf of his sb, bb folded, I 4 bet, he calls.

flop K98 rainbow. He check calls.

Turn A. Check check.

River 5 bet fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, mikey's 3betting hands vs. YOU in the CO have to include other pairs A9s and up, maybe even QJs or JTs. he check called flop, he probably was giving up to the turn, or c'ring you.

once you check he KNOWS you didn't like the ace, but MAY have been inducing a bluff.

its quite possible he knows you know that he knows youd be inducing a bluff and bet to get you to fold.

when i check the turn i dont plan on folding rivers w/ showdownable hands.

he needs 88/99/A9/AQ/AJ/AT/KQ/KJs etc. to value bet you. of course you feel like a chump when he value bets your ass w/ KJs but hey, he can easily also bet TT/JJ to get you off QQ/JJ...

my ONLY problem w/ calling is wtf did he call the flop with??? eveything he did would beat you...but then again, ive seen schneider show down some, uh, interesting hands...

and he's a fish [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

and you dont want him betting misssed draws like that on the river (JTs) knowing you'll fold enough to make it worth it.

but, its 6bb pot and you gotta be good 1/7 to call...if we can find some hands he calls the flop with then you gotta call the river...

man, at this point id take a coin out of my pocket, flip it, if it lands heads on the table then i call and say the coin loves you if you just put out a value bet.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

PUBLIC NOTE:

me calling schneids a fish is by far and away a joke. he happens to be one of the best players i play against....nay, one of the best players ive met/know.

i joke w/ him and james and bk b/c they can take it.

i just didn't want the public to think thats what i think of him, b/c its not.

Barron
Old 09-29-2005, 02:15 AM

Schnieds folds to a raise or calls with a weaker hand, very unlikely..