Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2005, 02:27 AM

Default Re: RESULTS

Why bet the river? Trying to fold another K?
Old 09-25-2005, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my thoughts were with the turn, if he made it three he represented a hand and i fold. When the river was the 7 i thought i couldnt ask for a better card. anything to add?

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB :#A500AF(Villian2)/ 3-bets</font>, BB :#A500AF(Villian1)/ calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Villian2 checks, Villian1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villian2 bets</font>, Villian1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Villian2 calls, Villian1 calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Villian2 checks, Villian1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Villian2 folds, Villian1 folds.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

you have to give thinking opponents a line that seems credible to fold them out of a hand. What possible hand could you be representing here that accounts for all streets?

granted, the sb may not be a "thinking opponent" but I don't think it's such a great idea to try to push a player with this high a vpi off a hand.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
my thoughts were with the turn, if he made it three he represented a hand and i fold. When the river was the 7 i thought i couldnt ask for a better card. anything to add?

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB :#A500AF(Villian2)/ 3-bets</font>, BB :#A500AF(Villian1)/ calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Villian2 checks, Villian1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villian2 bets</font>, Villian1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Villian2 calls, Villian1 calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Villian2 checks, Villian1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Villian2 folds, Villian1 folds.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

you have to give thinking opponents a line that seems credible to fold them out of a hand. What possible hand could you be representing here that accounts for all streets?

granted, the sb may not be a "thinking opponent" but I don't think it's such a great idea to try to push a player with this high a vpi off a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

my read was that he wasnt a "thinking opp" so by checking the painted card with two lower cards i felt my CR represented the set well or at the turn two pair.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why bet the river? Trying to fold another K?

[/ QUOTE ]

After two betting the river who isnt taking another stab at the pot? You have to represent the winning hand at this point until there is action back and you need to reanylaze the situation....

at this point Ax is a winner and if i was to check it down i lose to the A if there is one out there and i possible push a weak Jx off of this hand (but only if he was super weak), and yes i push the Kx off as well.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:20 PM

Villian here is not folding A-high on the double paired board. Action probably was he had a mid-low pocket pair and wanted to C/R the flop but u checked it through so he autobet the turn, u raised and now he is calling down. But river double pairs the board counterfitting his hand and he cant call with his 6,5,4,3,2, high...( so in other words he's playing the board)
Old 09-25-2005, 11:49 PM

Default Re: K9o Steal - whats our play?

Why would you try to steal against a SB like that? Easy fold on the turn with the situation you got yourself into.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:23 AM

Bet the flop to try and get a free shot at the gut shot...
Old 09-26-2005, 11:42 AM

I think you got really lucky here. This guy isn't crazy aggressive preflop (just plays too many hands, but does not raise most of them) so he is usually 3-betting with something that has you crushed.

I like your flop check because you'll be check/raised too often and you'll fold them almost never. When you miss on the turn you should just fold it. Neither player is folding on the turn for 1 more bet, so you risk 3BB on the turn and river to try to win 8 on a semi-bluff with 6+2 tainted outs. I don't think your river bet folds 2 opponents often enough here for the turn/river play to be profitable.