Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2005, 10:46 PM

Default Re: My Greatest Comeback Ever, Please Share Yours!

1000 chip tourney and 15 chips with 7 left and I won.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:20 AM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

Dammit, my 75 chip comeback pales in comparison to the 10 and 15 chip comebacks. I remain.......humbled.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:39 AM

My best comeback was a live MTT tourney at the Rio. We had 66 people in the tourney (with rebuys). There was a total of $185,000 in chips in play.

Halfway through the tourney (33 people left) I was down to $250 in chips or .001% of all chips in play. The average stack was $5600. I ended up winning the tourney.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:11 AM

Down to 158 chips in level 5 (75/150) on Stars.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:26 AM

I'm ITM, big stack
"computer connectivity problem".....aaarrrgggghhhhhh
can't reconnect, I quit, get a beer.
10 minutes later I try again just because..
I get back to the table in time to see my stack as all-in in the small blind HU.
I win it.

and the guy doesn't even give me the "gg...."
might have been busy smashing his keyboard....
Old 08-19-2005, 11:04 AM

Default Mizerak went from last $200 to 5th ITM last year

[ QUOTE ]
Single-table sit n' go on Empire. Start with 800 chips. Early on I give up most of my chips during three-way action when I flop an open-ended straight draw.

I'm left with 75 (that's SEVENTY-FIVE) measly chips left. I go on to win the whole thing, I kid you not. I just made the right stands at the right times. And when my chip stack was healthy again played some amazing poker.

Heads-up we tossed around the chip lead numerous times, but eventually I took it back with 5/5 vs. his 9/10 (all-in pre-flop and I snagged a set, he hit his pair on the river) Then I took him down with Q/7 vs. his J/4.

Going from 75 chips to 8,000 was freaking amazing, I've never staged a comeback like that. Please feel free to share your greatest comeback stories, there HAS to be someone who's done it with 50 chips, or even 30! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rather than tell you I've made comebacks from less, albeit true, I read of one major live event last year IIRC, where Michael Mizerak was down to his last $200 in chips, covered by the blinds he was forced to put up, and came back to end up in 5th in the $1M+ event. Now THAT'S a comeback!

Albert
Old 08-19-2005, 12:41 PM

This is from a live MTT, but...

I'm at a final table, six players left, top three pay. I push UTG with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] UTG as chip leader with six or seven times the BB (around 20000 I think). The BB, for reasons unknown, decided to call me with 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. He pairs and I don't, and he was second in chips and left me with 2000 points (which, since the round had just ended, was now less than one chip; after the color-up I have one). I went on tilt so bad at that point I don't remember most of the hands between then and when it got down to three people, but I was told by spectators I went all in something like fifteen out of seventeen hands, and I did make a couple gross suckouts (all in in the blind with Q7o, small blind calls with KQo, flop is K 3 4, turn is 6, river is 5).

I ended up winning the thing. Oh, and 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] kid managed to get fifth. Bloody donk just gave away my chips. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 08-19-2005, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please don't share!!!!

Please use the search function!!!!

Please die!!!!

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly why even read the post then?
Old 08-19-2005, 03:08 PM

Once I was down to t40 at the 1-st level but finally won 1st place. Second case seems more impressive. On the bubble at the level 250/500 I had only 6 (six) chips left. Came back to t4500, but unfortunately finished only 3rd.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:03 PM

Three nights ago, was down to 35 chips in the 11s on Stars in level 3, and had to post the small blind the next hand. Came back to win it. i am t eh L337 pokr playr!!!!!!!