Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 01:08 PM

Default Re: What motivates you?

in the immortal words of wu tang

CASH RULES EVERYTHING AROUND ME
Old 07-20-2005, 01:17 PM

Back in the day in Berkeley there was a street poet/bum who went by the name "something mike" - I don't remember what the something was. He was kind of a gruff looking biker looking guy.

He explained to me one time that he never does anything wrong because he carries this knife (brandishing it), which he was not afraid to use on himself if he deserved it.

Possibly you saw the guy since you are straight out of Oakland, but at this time you were probably up in the hills pretending to be a teenage mutant ninja turtle or something.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Back in the day in Berkeley there was a street poet/bum who went by the name "something mike" - I don't remember what the something was. He was kind of a gruff looking biker looking guy.

He explained to me one time that he never does anything wrong because he carries this knife (brandishing it), which he was not afraid to use on himself if he deserved it.

Possibly you saw the guy since you are straight out of Oakland, but at this time you were probably up in the hills pretending to be a teenage mutant ninja turtle or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm....I am not familiar with this biker guy....

I'm familiar with several crazies but they generally just bark loudly about God or something else...

Yeah, I probably was in the Oakland hills....pwning my homiez at cards for fruit roll ups and/or chewy granola bars. B/c I'm pimp like that.

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Yugoslav
Old 07-20-2005, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What motivates you?

I won't put limitations on how you want to perceive the question except that it has to deal with poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker is fun. I like how it is always different and how I can always improve. The money is good, but I'm learning to think in terms did I make the right decision against that particular player? Learning about the game fascinates me for some reason. I'd like to learn as much as possible because I don't like to lose because of poor play (knowing that sometimes poor players win and sometimes good players lose).

PB
Old 07-20-2005, 01:30 PM

Please dont put links like this up without giving warning that is is not safe for work. I like my day job, thanks
Old 07-20-2005, 02:04 PM

My main motivation comes from the mistakes I make. I think that if I were to ever stop making mistakes the game would become a job.
-Mike
Old 07-20-2005, 02:08 PM

Two chicks at the same time
Old 07-20-2005, 02:14 PM

I like competition, always played sports growing up, losing was never acceptiable to me and that has carried over to a poker table. Where in both you also learn something new all the time. Nothing will never be exactly the same. Money is also quite the motivation, as i agree with mostly every post about no boss, ect.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:19 PM

Cos i enjoy winning. I enjoy showing how im better than the next guy. Cos i love doing this:

ANTES/BLINDS
shaunW posts blind ($50), kdino99 posts blind ($100).

PRE-FLOP
bernhardrene folds, -Diceman- calls $100, boozluva calls $100, goldfinger88 folds, shaunW bets $150, kdino99 folds, -Diceman- calls $100, boozluva calls $100.

FLOP [board cards 7H,5C,4S ]
shaunW bets $100, -Diceman- calls $100, boozluva folds.

TURN [board cards 7H,5C,4S,7S ]
shaunW bets $200, -Diceman- calls $200.

RIVER [board cards 7H,5C,4S,7S,8H ]
shaunW checks, -Diceman- checks.

SHOWDOWN
shaunW shows [ KS,QS ]
-Diceman- shows [ 2H,2C ]
-Diceman- wins $1,300.

And i love laughing at the other guy cos he knows im in his head and i just pwned him good.

Phill
ps, dont question the 22 call preflop, its a dangerous move in the wrong hands
Old 07-20-2005, 02:38 PM

Where are stack sizes on that hand? Buy-in? Anyway if you had him why didnt you bet? Are you joking?? WTF