Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2005, 07:52 PM

Default Re: I could use some help from someone who knows what they\'re on about

I am going to be 21 pretty soon but when I first started gambling, I was betting sports at 17 and was having some short term sucess with it, along with poker, and playing blackjack. I got really lucky with no skill and made alot of money around the sum of 20k really fast only to jump in the biggest pokergame I could find and lose almost all of it. This taught me alot though, I think that if you have done this before you live and learn, I know I did. I've hopped in some really big games before only to lose my shirt, alot of it was profit and I wasnt racking up debt, but not every poker player is born with control I know I wasnt and I am still learning it. Try to stay away from running your self into debt and just build a bankroll take a shot and miss, theres alot you get out of doing that, I've done it a couple times in my career.
Old 04-04-2005, 03:24 AM

Default Re: I could use some help from someone who knows what they\'re on about

Have you tried drinking or drugs? Maybe if you made some "new" friends and started drinking some beer smoking a little weed it would get your mind off all this gambling!!!

Also when i was 17 all i could think about was Girls, Im 35 now and not much has changed but thats my two cents!

Hope this helps, Your Friend,

MRV