Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 11:37 PM

Default Re: A session in review with regards to preflop

[ QUOTE ]

56. (K7s) Why would you play this? I'll raise it on the button first-

[/ QUOTE ]

he folded it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I agree with the raising 55 from L.P. and KJo. They are good short handed. I think the rest is good. I would have lead with the Pair of aces (A5s hand) also. Playing against maniacs is difficult, but when they are very loose, they are going in with dominated and other inferior hands, which will put you in a very good position post-flop. Make sure to get a better seat ( the the left of the maniac ) on him so you can isolate and take his money.

And nice table.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:56 PM

If you want to get your VPIP up play 6 max. Lots of these hands become playable (given the right circumstances) there, the players suck, and it helps your reading skills.

Steve
Old 11-21-2005, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you want to get your VPIP up play 6 max. Lots of these hands become playable (given the right circumstances) there, the players suck, and it helps your reading skills.

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

I have tried 6 max. Got killed. I am terribly unlucky at the shorthanded game as my opponents seem to just get smacked over the head with the deck every time I sit down.

When I get out of my current downswing (which doesnt seem wil ever happen) and get some confidence back I intend to go back though.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:39 PM

If you're having confidence issues, then drop down a level and live a little. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Poker players strive to eliminate luck from the games in which we play. Every decision has an expected value regardless of what actually happens next. Stay on the good side and the luck will take care of itself.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:40 PM

another bad run of cards. nothing stands out here much at all, but if you're 14% still, you're still not playing enough hands...

also your results over the last 6k on a certain subset of hands are not very meaningful at all.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:17 PM

As far as the bolded ones:

Hand 8: Fine - Limp at a loose table fold at a tight.
Hand 9: Raise/limp/fold are all ok here depending on table conditions.
Hand 12: Fine.
Hand 29: I raise. This is a great hand to isolate the maniac, especially if the blinds are tight.
Hand 56: Easy fold, nothing questionable about this one.

Unbolded ones:

Hand 20: K2o. If it's folded to me in the small blind I'm usually raising any ace or king and leading any flop.
Hand 27: I lead the flop.
Hand 62: This is usually a raise for me unless the blinds are loose and go to showdown very often.

After reading othe discussions in the thread:

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 45: Bet flop, Bet turn blank, Bet river blank and stupidly called his reraise on the river. At that point I didnt have a good read on him and the table had been folding alot when the maniac was betting so I thought I could push him off and possibly still have the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I check the river and consider calling/folding. Bet/calling the river is way overplaying ace high here.

Hand 53 I also call. Raising generally isn't going to thin the field to less than 3 opponents and you don't have a huge edge. Finally, you already have the button. Betting the flop is not a bluff, you often have the best hand.

Stop worrying about how other players are doing over 80 hands. How do you think this guy does long term? You are clearly letting him put you on tilt.