Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2005, 09:23 AM

Default Why was DERB even a surprise to anyone?

I left the limit hold'em scene when i hit 30-60 to go to NL, i now play the NL version of this DERB limit strategy those f'ing slovenians or whatever former USSR country developed. What i don't get is why there was such a long struggle for the majority to understand what he was doing, nobody decided to contact mason or david sklansky, their book is filled with mathematical equations that preety much explain the entire derb playing style.

I kind of railbirded the whole DERB thing a few months back but even then i thought it was obvious he just found a winning LAG strategy for limit.

There are some great minds on this board without a doubt, i'm preety reverent of the skills displayed by people like bicyclekick or dcifrthis. Why aren't the minds on 2+2 developing these strategies? I'm kind of bothered by the concept of these ex-commie governments "buying" 3BB/hr strategies to beat big limit games.

I'll admit i don't have alot to commit to it but would'nt it make sense for you all to get on your horses and start discussing the most profitable way to defend against this new strategy and start to get the money flowing more towards this side ocean?