Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2005, 11:35 PM

Default Please help Analyze my stats (3036 hands)

These are my stats. i know its not too many hands so far but are there any changes i can make now that is costing me money? any small changes? is my agression factor too low? PF raise to low? Thanks for the advice in advance.

25NL partypoker

Total Hands: 3,036
VP$IP: 18.25%
Amount Won: 345.73$
BB/100: 22.78
Went to SD: 22.03%
Won $ at SD: 63.16%
PF raise: 5.47%
Total Rake: 105.4
Agression Factor: 1.55
Old 04-04-2005, 11:45 PM

Default Re: Please help Analyze my stats (3036 hands)

Your sample size is too small. Come back in at least 7k more hands.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:36 AM

You realize that if you took 30 samples of 100 hands it would be enough to approximate his long run sample... in the end it all tends to normal [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-05-2005, 12:03 AM

I didn't even look at the body of your post. I read the title and I can tell you that it's too small of a sample size.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:30 AM

FWIW, I think these numbers are about right.

Im a little looser preflop(~22%) but then again I call with 910s UTG.....

So, maybe Im not the type of player you should emulate.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:15 AM

Your stats look good.

Don't be discouraged by anyone who says that your sample size is insignificant -- just because it might not be statistically provable that you X or you Y, you can definately see trends over thousands of hands...so far so good, now keep it up!
Old 04-05-2005, 02:03 AM

Your (playing style) stats look very similar to mine.. I'm still happy with the results after 30k hands, too. However, I am currectly improving my game:
- more preflop raising
this includes
a) bigger raises from position to eliminate more limpers (this is something I cannot see from your stats)
b) raises with marginal and even speculative hands against certain types of opponents (rocks etc)

Although my (and your?) playing style works well at 25 and 50 I have had some trouble winning as much when the tables get tighter and stronger and the when the Party stacks got deeper. That's when I noticed I need to make some adjustments..

In summary, I think these stats show you're having a good start, playing good solid poker, and whatever adjustments you might wanna do (loosen up, raise more etc.) is pretty much up to you later. There's no *hurry* to force any changes into a style that is currently a winning one.

Btw, disregard the "sample size is too small" posts. That is true as far as RESULTS are concerened. However, results are based on your playing style and if one of those guys is saying you cannot say what your real VPIP or PFR etc. are after 3k hands, he doesn't know what he's talking about, he just think it's cool to say "the sample size is too small". Resultwise you will get more reliable stats after about 15-30k hands, and depending on your variance (or standard deviation).

Edit: By the way, my post flop aggression is definitely higher. I'm not saying it should be higher, or even implying. I just said it is so.. This could be due to a) you like to slowplay more than I do (call with sets, 2 prs etc) and just call down bluffers or b) you really might wanna bet or raise somewhat more often, how are the aggr stats on every individual street?
Old 04-05-2005, 02:19 AM

thanks alot bro. excellent post. and regarding to my agression factor, i do slow play alot!! i slow play sets alot but i will check/raise it on turn. and also if i have 2 pair with 2 others or even 3 sometimes i will check/raise it on flop . but heads up i will play even slower by calling their bet and then check/raising turn. sometimes i might even check/raise and then check is on turn for his 90% bet on river and then raise it. just my playing style but it works so far. although i wil definitely try to raise pfr a little more. i do think its kinda low. i dont raise unless i have a hand better then AQ because i hate beign dominated. i also sometimes raise with KQ and AJ. also i raise with other marginal hands like KJ and AT and even A9 on dealer with less limpers. again, great post. and i will post my stats next time after atleast 10k hands.

[ QUOTE ]
Your (playing style) stats look very similar to mine.. I'm still happy with the results after 30k hands, too. However, I am currectly improving my game:
- more preflop raising
this includes
a) bigger raises from position to eliminate more limpers (this is something I cannot see from your stats)
b) raises with marginal and even speculative hands against certain types of opponents (rocks etc)

Although my (and your?) playing style works well at 25 and 50 I have had some trouble winning as much when the tables get tighter and stronger and the when the Party stacks got deeper. That's when I noticed I need to make some adjustments..

In summary, I think these stats show you're having a good start, playing good solid poker, and whatever adjustments you might wanna do (loosen up, raise more etc.) is pretty much up to you later. There's no *hurry* to force any changes into a style that is currently a winning one.

Btw, disregard the "sample size is too small" posts. That is true as far as RESULTS are concerened. However, results are based on your playing style and if one of those guys is saying you cannot say what your real VPIP or PFR etc. are after 3k hands, he doesn't know what he's talking about, he just think it's cool to say "the sample size is too small". Resultwise you will get more reliable stats after about 15-30k hands, and depending on your variance (or standard deviation).

Edit: By the way, my post flop aggression is definitely higher. I'm not saying it should be higher, or even implying. I just said it is so.. This could be due to a) you like to slowplay more than I do (call with sets, 2 prs etc) and just call down bluffers or b) you really might wanna bet or raise somewhat more often, how are the aggr stats on every individual street?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-05-2005, 02:29 AM

I generally played the same(slowplaying my sets and 2pairs etc until the turn) but noticed a substantial improvement when I just played them more straightforward(ie betting, raising or c/r'ing on the flop instead). People seem to give you much less credit on the flop then they do on the turn which lets you get some people all-in with TP or a draw where you otherwise wouldn't have. Waiting for the turn may work better with your overall strategy, but it might be something to think about changing.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:50 AM

This more detailed post about your playing style reminds me even more how I used to play. I used to slowplay sets, but after some time I started to develop my game into a faster one. When I bet or raise, I like my opponents to go ahead thinking what I might have like this
- Oh, did he hit a set again?
- Or does he "ONLY" have the top pair with a good kicker?
- Is he betting a straight draw?
- Is he on a bluff with AQo again, there is no A or Q on board?

Consequence of fastplaying everything is that the opponents will have more trouble deciding what to do, will (hopefully) be more scared to play you back even with top pairs not to mention middle pairs.. I'm not a trapper (slowplaying sets), I just want my opponents to be scared and fold.. I used to ask myself: "DO I want action with this hand of mine?".. Now I ask: "Ahh... someone gave ME action.. Do I wanna take this hand to the turn and possibly showdown?"

NL is such a nice game where you can succeed with different kinds of playing styles.. Looking forward how you will develop yours in the future