Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2003, 10:52 AM

Default Best Fold Ever

What is the best hand anyone has ever folded to a raiser? Has anyone ever folded a full house, quads or straight flush? If so, what made you so sure you were beat to fold such a big hand?
Old 08-03-2003, 03:12 PM

Default Re: Best Fold Ever

Clarkmeister doesn't like to brag so I'll nominate his turn fold of AA on a board of A,J,x,J for just one bet.

If I've folded a full-house in hold 'em it would be something like 22 on a A,K,2,A,K board. Otherwise, my biggest fold is in 7-card stud when I let go of an A,K,Q flush on the river.
Old 08-03-2003, 04:56 PM

Nobody's going to fold with quads or a straight flush. I'm sure plenty of people have mucked boats, though. The flopped underfull in particular is a vulnerable hand. I mucked 5s full at the river in a 15-30 game (I had 55 and the board was A A 5 7 8). I should have mucked it sooner than I did.

I'm guessing Clarkmeister's AA hand must have gone many bets at the flop for him to fold to one turn bet.
Old 08-03-2003, 06:34 PM

Hmmm, I've folded a fullhouse (55 on 57J, 3, J board) for one bet on the river (bet, call, I mucked)

I've folded QQ preflop heads up in a NL tourny (I knew my opponent very well, he raised tiny, I reraised, he pushed, and he showed me his AA).

I've folded KK preflop in a full NL game without putting in a penny, outside of my Small Blind.

I folded T8 on a QJ9 flop, heads up (after I put in threebets, tho [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ).

But I still haven't reached Tommy's level of mucking AA preflop....

Josh
Old 08-03-2003, 08:56 PM

I just folded 72o pre-flop on back to back hands and couldn't be happier.
Old 08-03-2003, 09:02 PM

Dynasty, can you dig up the old post where he first told this story? I've wanted to read it for a while now and tried searching for it, but with no luck. Thanks

Cup
Old 08-03-2003, 09:39 PM

I once saw a guy fold a straight flush face up on the river. That was, uh, not good though since it was the nuts.

Yeah, he misread his hand.
Old 08-04-2003, 09:34 AM

I'm glad you posted this, so I can finally tell this story. I was playing in a Foxwoods 2/4 game one day when I had 66 in the BB. Pretty much the whole table was in (what else is new??) and the old gentlemen in the SB raised. I called of course and the flop came A-9-6 rainbow. It got checked to him and he bet. I folded on the flop for one small bet. True story, honest to god. Can anyone figure that out???
Old 08-04-2003, 10:12 AM

Didn't Tommy Angelo try and fold quads on the river one time, but only called after being convinced he would win the Bad Beat Jackpot?
Old 08-04-2003, 10:30 AM

I played with a guy friday night who folded his nut flush because he didn't make his royal and lost to a pair of nines. He claimed it was a "senior moment"...