Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 02:00 AM

Default Re: Is it Possible I\'m Ahead Here?

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see the point of raising this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Free card play?
Old 10-18-2005, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate this flop raise as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I rate the flop raise, He's clearing A and Q outs among other things. In big pots this must be done.

JT [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2005, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I rate the flop raise, He's clearing A and Q outs among other things. In big pots this must be done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, hero is really hoping to get Q5 and Q4 out of there. Might as well not throw terminology like "cleaning up outs" out there if you don't really understand it.
-James
Old 10-18-2005, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah you can't have queen joker seeing the turn for 1 small bet!
Old 10-18-2005, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
River is the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Limper checks, I bet and he raises. Literally, am I ever winning this bullshit or can I just discard it?

[/ QUOTE ]
Ya, your winning it often against maniacs, superdonks, and nutjobs that you will have identified within two orbits or less. Your losing it 97.4 % of the time to relatively normal, rational players. 3.6% of the time it will be a well calculated bluff checkraise by a decent to excellent player. Cheers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you just pull these numbers out of your ass?
Old 10-18-2005, 03:41 AM

I hardly ever raise that flop, I don't think you gain anything worth the extra SB. Looks like villian has 910s, KJs, 99, or maybe a slow played flop set. I fold here most of the time but I'll call if I've seen villian get tricky previously in the session or if he's LAG.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:22 AM

Default Pitiful Results

This river is a fold to a checkraise b/c the times I'm ahead against a sane player is almost never. Flat out, almost never. He expects a call and he wants it. And I called to verify I was beat when the action verified it. It's a bad call and I think there is no debate...you can use the, "these online games are aggro" excuse to justify a lot of bad calls. I'm not going to for this one, it's a bad call.

He showed 10-9 and I lost. I like the flop raise b/c it makes the hand easier to play later and can possibly fold a hand like A5 or Q5 from EP. Plus, they will usually check to me on the turn. A call can be ok too though.

Jeff
Old 10-18-2005, 10:38 AM

Default Re: Pitiful Results

[ QUOTE ]
I like the flop raise b/c it makes the hand easier to play later and can possibly fold a hand like A5 or Q5 from EP.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean? If a player openlimps A5/Q5, calls 2 more, then hits T54, there is absolutely no way he is folding to your flop raise.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
River is the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Limper checks, I bet and he raises. Literally, am I ever winning this bullshit or can I just discard it?

[/ QUOTE ]
Ya, your winning it often against maniacs, superdonks, and nutjobs that you will have identified within two orbits or less. Your losing it 97.4 % of the time to relatively normal, rational players. 3.6% of the time it will be a well calculated bluff checkraise by a decent to excellent player. Cheers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you just pull these numbers out of your ass?

[/ QUOTE ]

101% of people might think so.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:44 AM

Default Re: Pitiful Results

Yea, you're right. That's not very logical. More options on the turn/playability is a better reason. I gotta stop posting while I'm doing 10 other things. Back to work.

PS: You guys might be right about flop raise...prob too much of a default for me here.

Jeff