Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2005, 03:51 AM

Default Standard?!

No read.
Interested on comments on all streets... Thx

J.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
2 folds, CO raises, 1 fold, Hero 3 bets, 1 fold, CO calls.

Flop: (7 SB) K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero bets, CO raises, Hero calls.
<font color="green"> That raise could be a lot of things, small pair, a 9, pure bluff, even a K stangely played... I am not too sure on how to proceed, and take one off... </font>

Turn: (5.5 BB) 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] (2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets, Hero calls.
<font color="green"> Now I beat a small pair and split versus an Ace. I decide to call down</font>

River: (7.5 BB) Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] (2 players)
Hero bets, CO calls
<font color="green">And I hit...if he doesn't have a K or a 9 that is... I bet out with the intention to fold to a raise.</font>

Final Pot: 9.5 BB
Old 06-17-2005, 03:56 AM

Default Re: Standard?!

I like it, especially the river bet.

-Mike
Old 06-17-2005, 05:00 AM

If CO has a K, how is this classified as "strangely played"?

I like your river bet/fold line.
Old 06-17-2005, 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I noticed that too. This leads me to believe that OP is playing hands much too fancy. Probably a leak you should look into.

-Mike
Old 06-17-2005, 05:14 AM

Yeah I noticed that too. This leads me to believe that OP is playing hands much too fancy. Probably a leak you should look into.

Interesting. In my experience, typical players would wait at least for the turn to raise.
With position, as CO has in the hand, I would probably do the same, waiting for the turn or even the river to throw in a raise. Really too fancy?!
Old 06-17-2005, 05:20 AM

Depends. River is DEFINATELY missing value, and you are probably losing bets waiting for the turn a lot of times. Depends on the player of course. Slowplaying in general is usually bad in the 6max.

-Mike
Old 06-17-2005, 05:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Interesting. In my experience, typical players would wait at least for the turn to raise.
With position, as CO has in the hand, I would probably do the same, waiting for the turn or even the river to throw in a raise. Really too fancy?!

[/ QUOTE ]

Against any decently thinking opponent, turn check/raise screams monster. You would, however, raise the flop with a 9, many PPs, or even possibly a hand like AQ or AJ.