Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2005, 12:44 AM

Default Re: \"Official\" Live at the Bike thread (4/23)

I think seat 6 is on semi-tilt. That last hand and the 8s full to seat 1 is doing him in.

Donkey hat...
Old 04-24-2005, 12:49 AM

This game makes me sad.
Old 04-24-2005, 12:50 AM

Bart or Denny,

What would you say are the main factors that make people play poorly? Besides drinking.
Old 04-24-2005, 01:01 AM

I've lost the show feed, is it just me?
Old 04-24-2005, 01:05 AM

It's over.
Old 04-24-2005, 01:11 AM

I know it's over but it dropped dead a good 10 minutes prior to it's normal end time, in the middle of Bart talking about the hand. Oh well.
Old 04-24-2005, 01:22 AM

Hello everyone. Tonights game was a bit passive and slow as a matter of fact I only sdaw a couple of people make moves all night. It played like our new 300-500 spread buy in No Limit game where people aare scared of losing their money. Like I said in my first post I will be making conclusional comments after each show I broadcast from now on. I really do appreciate the comments and suggestions that are made each night I look forward at the end of each show to reading through the entire "Live at the Bike" thread. It is funny Jive Dadson has been my biggest critic over the last few months but he actually sent a warm email to live@thebike explainiong his opinion on the commentating. In fact I have made more of an effort to do play by play and let others do color. Of course when i am doing it with Denny I have to take on a bit of both roles--LOL.

A couple of intersting hands.

Seat 5: Kh Ks
Seat 9: Ah 5c

Preflop action--Kings raise to 50 Seat 9 calls in postion.

Flop 8d4d7d.

JKings bet 60 seat 9 calls.

Turn 8s

Kings bets 60 Seat 9 raises 200 more Kings mucks.

Boy this is a tough one for Kings. Seat 9 was playing pretty crazy and by that time had not shown down tooo many ridiculous hands. I think if the guy had the king of diamonds he would have called. But for that price i think that the laydown was the right move.

Seat 1 8d 8h
Seat 6 Ah Qc

Preflop limpers=6.

FLOP 8c 6h Ac.

Seat 1 in blind bets out 20. People fold in between. Seat 6 raises to 40. Seat 1 reraises to 80 more Seat 6 goes all in. S1 wins with set.

I love the way this guy bet his set from early position. You can represent almost anything out of the blinds and in this case you are hoping some guy has an ace and will pay you off. I think the all in from AQ after the reraise was weak but it is not unusual for a hand like this to play out in this manner in a 200 game.

Seat 4 3c4h
Seat 7 (brian) Ks Qh
Seat 8 7s ts

Preflop After limping both S7 and S4 call S8's raise to 25 after limping. S7 closest to button.

Flop KcTc4c.

Checked around.

Turn KS

Seat 4 leads out for 25 S7 calls S8 calls.

River 2h

S4 checks, S7 bets 50, S8 mucks, S4 mucks.

I really think that Brian played this hand dangerously unless he thought that he was already beat on the turn. By not raising he only gained S8's overt call on the turn as both other players mucked the river. A club could have easily some on the last card giving S4 the best hand with his 3c.

Anybody have any comments about these hands
Old 04-24-2005, 02:31 AM

Sorry. In the last hand example S7 was not closest to the button. S8 was. To answer HAL's tech question I can tell you the bike.com's freeroll site is powered by Pokertropolis and you should email their tech department about your MAC problem.

Bart
Old 04-24-2005, 02:44 AM

Default Re: \"Official\" Live at the Bike thread (4/23) I FOLDED KK

ANyone who watched tonight's show, and who read Bart's post, knows that someone (ME) folded a pair of Kings to the crazy player at the table. I've been wondering all night what he had, because I believed he was bluffing. It's been making me sick, and I just found out from Bart's post that he had A5 offsuit. Man, that makes me feel worse.

If anyone cares, here are all the reasons why I folded:

1. I was planning on going home in 5 minutes and didn't want to lose all the profit I'd already made on a borderline decision. Yes, that's wussy, I know, but I wouldn't have been able to make my money back if I lost.

2. While his bet was a pretty obvious overbet, and one I'd normally smell out and call, he'd done the same thing earlier in the evening with quads. I went back and forth so many times during this hand, it was sick. I can't tell you how many times I got ready to push my stack in. On one hand, he's overbetting, seemingly not wanting a call. On the other hand, he overbet before with quads. Then again, he's a talkative player who got real quiet and timid against me, which normally indicates weakness. But of course, when I asked him how much he had left, he said, "Not much," which might have been a clue he wanted me to call. Ready for one more tell? I told him I had a monster right after he bet, and he said, "Then you should call." And this guy lied EVERY time he said anything.

I'm so curious to know who would have called him, who would have folded. A couple people at the table told me it was a good fold, and Bart says now it was a good fold. But here's the deal...I thought he was bluffing, but I folded because of the money. I'll admit it. I simply didn't want to lose my profit for the night on a borderline call, plain and simple. If it were a tourney, I would have trusted my reads and moved in on him. And I'm sick about it.
Old 04-24-2005, 02:57 AM

Hi Bart,

The KK vs A5 still has me thinking.
You know seat 9 could have ANYTHING. I think his flop call is the key. If loose guy hits any of this flop he'll raise.
Then on the turn: If you're going to bet Ks, and you think they are good, it has to be more than $60 into a $230+ pot. If he bets 1/2 the pot or more it says- I'm committed- and loose man has to think about finally folding a hand.
The turn 8 was a scary card, and he may have been thinking back to when S9 hit quad 8's earlier. It was a bold raise by S9 and paid off, for a bit.
If seat 5 has the Kd its an easy call I think, but then again it is easy to be critical when you know what the players have. Very tough situation, I don't envy the position he was in.

I agree that seat 1 played this hand great. A flop like that will hit someone: Ace, flush and straight draws. Its an action flop and you don't want to play it slow, because there are way too many cards on the turn that can hurt you if you give a free one. This hand also started seat 6 on tilt. I still love the donkey hat!!

We'll what do you when you call a raise out of position with KQ. Is S8 raising w/ AA KK AK a small pair?, those are the hands you think of. Then you see a K high flop, now what. Bet into the raiser with a questionable kicker? Check call? I think you have to check it and see what happens, maybe? Tough spot.

Its checked around, but still no information is out there. There is your K on the turn and S4 bets out. Is he betting the flopped flush? If you raise and then S8 or S4 push you cant feel very good about your hand. I think I also call here, it is dangerous, but that is a scary board the way the hand is going.
The river value bet has no value. Who is calling except maybe a Kx. He won the hand, but it was a hard hand to play from his position. Once again, it is easy when you know what people have and its not your own money.

I think its a good idea to have your comments after the games. Keep up the good work.

Later...