Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2005, 01:01 PM

Default Loosing tons of cash is fun....please help me (longish)

Well I knew it was going to happen sooner or later. You can only run at 30-40% ROI for so long. In fact every sit and go I played I kept thinking this was going to be the one where my downswing starts. Well yesturday it happened. Pretty standard, bust one bubble with AA one with KK 3 with races and another one involving shorties that were almost all in and me loosing two 70/30's. But....this isn't a bad beat post as good as it felt to get that out and as much as it sounds like im bitching. The point is i dropped 10 buyins at the 109's which is really notthing. I've been through multiple 10/20/30 buyin downswings and the same thing happens everytime. I feel like crap after and I loose the motivation to keep playing. Now I'm totally getting better at dealing with loosing as I'm way over bankrolled and I've learnt that playing 30/60 limit is not a good idea when your buying in for 1/3 of your bankroll and most importantly that variance exists and it sucks ass. But is loosing just something you need to learn to deal with? I mean I'm going to have a compleatly free day tommorow where I could easily fly through 5-6-7-8-8-10 sets and since school's starting up soon I'm going to have fewer of those days so I reall would like to play a ton tommorow. So do I just play and hope that im smart enough to play my perfect, tilt free game. Do I just chill out take the day off, realise 10 buy ins come and go like nothing and come back in a few days ready to pwn (or continue getting sucked out on because I'm still due for my downswing to be way bigger then it has been).Do I go to the bar and spend $200 bucks on booze...oh wait I already did that last night [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] .Do I quit this stupid game all together (ok I'm sorry, I take that back). I'm sure most of the big game players and the 12348098590823409 sng per month players have learnt to deal with this. What's the best way to stay calm and just keep playing because compared to the $9 plus tips I'm making at my other job dropping $1000 in a day seems like just a little bit (AKA my months salery). Maybe thats my problem....that I have a job and that I still think of my poker BR as money as opposed to chips. I mean ideally I want to be at the point where an hour played is just an hour played, not 600 bucks made or 600 lost. How do I get there...can i get there... I think I'm starting to focus on my play more then money made or lost but I think It's still a long way until I can totally eliminate the money factor and just play. But for now I'm going to the place where I make less per hour then I do in rakeback per hour...yikes thats scary. Hopefully when I come back there will be a response to this with the answers to my problems as well as the meaning of life because if theres not ill be disapointed [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]