Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 05:26 PM

Default I did make the right play didn\'t I?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

This was the correct play I am assuming, since it is going to be atleast 3 bb's to me, I was getting roughly 7:1 odds to hit my four outer... Still not sure if I should have folded in this big of a pot with good implied odds, I figured on 2 pair or a strong Ace, but I think I made a correct play

River: (16.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO calls.

Ouuuuuuuchhhhhh Lol that sucks Should I have folded in this decent sized pot?

Final Pot: 18.50 BB
Old 12-07-2005, 05:34 PM

Default Re: I did make the right play didn\'t I?

I think I'd fold the flop, two bets to us already, we only have overcards and b/door draws, and we aren't closing the action, this could easily come back to us for 2 more!

Mat
Old 12-07-2005, 05:36 PM

Zach perfect well played on every street.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:37 PM

yes, don't be results oriented, it sucks you would have hit, but you have to make the correct play, then move on to the next hand.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I'd fold the flop, two bets to us already, we only have overcards and b/door draws, and we aren't closing the action, this could easily come back to us for 2 more!

Mat

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Mat the flop is closer to a 3-bet than a fold.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:49 PM

I would not have three bet K/Qs preflop (unless the table was very loose). I would have just called. You did fine calling on the flop and you did the right thing folding on the turn. There's going to be many times that the miracle card hits after you fold, but there's going to be even more times that it won't. And this hand is a good example, you could catch the ten of hearts and lose to a backdoor flush. So you did the right thing folding on the turn.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:54 PM

The only reason for the 3bet preflop was this table was horrible, yet i didnt have any reads built up in PT, but my visual reads were that the table called anything and raise with any "decent" ace and connectors...
Old 12-07-2005, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would not have three bet K/Qs preflop (unless the table was very loose). I would have just called.

[/ QUOTE ]

With absolute position, the opportunity to isolate a (likely) loose raiser, and holding a hand that plays well short-handed *and* multiway, i'm 3-betting this 8 days a week.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:20 PM

well played. like sean said: that flop is close to a 3-bet, but i think it is fine the way it was played.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well played. like sean said: that flop is close to a 3-bet, but i think it is fine the way it was played.

[/ QUOTE ]

Silly question here, why 3 bet? You've probably got about say 7 outs, so i can justify the call.

3 bet is that for implied odds, or to get it heads up?