Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 11:01 PM

Default Blind defense gone bad

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Villain isn't a tight blind stealer but isn't loose either. One note that I had on him was "raised 2 pair on the river".
Anyone like this laydown? I'm really starting to think that river raises a vast majority of the time are bad news.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (7 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 10 BB
Old 09-20-2005, 01:45 AM

Default Re: Blind defense gone bad

bump
Old 09-20-2005, 02:57 PM

Ok I hate to be a pest and bump my own thread again, but I guess one response isn't too much to ask. I could just post another hand, but I'd really like some feedback on this one (I posted a 2nd one yesterday but I figure I'll be happy if someone responds to just one). Besides I'll be misplaying/not-sure-of plenty of hands that I've yet to play today, so why not get feedback on one from yesterday.

Sorry in advance for the inconvenience.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:15 PM

from the SB either FOLD or 3BET. I hate the call out of the SB. You're playing an offsuit, dominated hand OOP for basically 2 bets. Save your $ and get out, or, if feeling fiesty (usually w/ a stronger hand) 3bet his punkass.

On the river it's a nice fold. He has an Ace and was allowing you to bet for him.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:29 PM

Easy fold. You don't even have top pair. I would pay this off with top pair and an excellent kicker. It looks like he let you do the betting for him on an AQ/AK or better type hand.

This is a tricky situation. You could very well have the best hand, or be way behind. I think you played it fine, especially since there's another player in and you need to protect your hand. The only problem is that this is a pretty thin value bet--a c/c on the river to me is clearly superior. AFter the turn call you can't like your hand too good, but need to get to showdown HU against a steal: C/C.

Edit: I missed the most important point that Irishpint made. FOLD PF. If button is stealing a ton, this to me is a 3 bet hand. But you must raise or fold.