Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2005, 05:17 AM

Default playing different games at the same time

i was advised by a solid player and good friend of mine that playing different games at the same time when multi-tabling (pl omaha, limit holdem, sngs) will negatively effect the winrate in all games by confusing your reasoning. think this holds any water?
Old 08-28-2005, 05:28 AM

Default Re: playing different games at the same time

It depends on how easily confused you are.

I do it and my results are fine.

I had moments of confusion when first starting this that cost me a few pots.

I'm generally very skeptical when told of particular limitations on human cognitive functioning.

I don't do more than 4 (or up to 6 very briefly, when shutting table(s) down) at a time. I do best with only 3.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:33 PM

Default Re: playing different games at the same time

[ QUOTE ]
i was advised by a solid player and good friend of mine that playing different games at the same time when multi-tabling (pl omaha, limit holdem, sngs) will negatively effect the winrate in all games by confusing your reasoning. think this holds any water?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do that all the time with pot-limit Omaha high, no-limit holdem, and limit stud-8, and I never have a problem keeping my thinking straight. As far as win rate goes, I want to take advantage of the most profitable situations at any given time in whatever game they are in. However, I specifically do not play pot-limit Omaha high and pot-limit Omaha-8 at the same time, or limit holdem and NL holdem.

If you want the ultimate challenge, play one table each of limit Omaha high, limit Omaha-8, pot-limit Omaha high, and pot-limit Omaha-8.