Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 04:20 PM

Default Re: $30-$60 Party Poker Hand

I'm not so sure. I think a typical LAG would find another bet on the flop with 99-AA instead of just calling. I seriously doubt a typical LAG would just call with a pair over 3's. The turn bet, given the lack of a 3 bet on the flop, is probably Ax-55. IMHO, highly unlikely that UTG has 33 or 22 and bets the turn.

~stephen
Old 08-01-2005, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see too many players -- LAGgy or not -- bet the turn after getting raised on a QQ4 board with only AK.

[/ QUOTE ]you do realize the board double paired on fourth right?!?
horrible players be betting Ahigh here all day. hero played this hand perfectly.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:40 AM

Default RESULTS

FWIW, raising preflop doesn't change the outcome of the hand. But I do like the reasoning Astroglide gave in favor of it.

I was more curious about the river bet. I was more inclined to bet the river given the action on the prior streets and that's the reason why I posted this hand. I'm probably going to bet this river 100% of the time given how the action on each street. Only one person said betting the river was a bad thing but replaying the hand over and over I don't see how it is. Given the range of hands both my opponents could have AND this particular board, IMHO, it's a clear bet. Can someone can show me different math than I have where it's clear NOT to bet.

UTG: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

LOON: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

HERO: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Thanks for all your comments.

~stephen
Old 08-02-2005, 11:40 AM

Given the description of your opponents and to guarantee a knock out the blinds. I'd 3-bet the button here. I don't always 3-bet but it seems you have a perfect situation to leverage your position against the two players you would like to face postflop.

I think the bet out on the flop/turn and your raise was enough to get them off a Ace-high so I'd fear 99, TT, JJ if they don't know better, KK for one of them and check through the river. The other may pay off w/Ace high but I think you've lost value carrying both of them to there.