Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 08:44 AM

Default Re: A3o

Even without it being a c/r, it is a turn raise against the flop and turn bettor. Your opponent is attempting to show strength and you want to call down with a hand that is VERY weak on THIS board. Do you really want to show down this hand with A3? That makes me feel icky. Do you really think the vil is putting 2 bets into a 4.5 BB pot on a bluff? Your hand ONLY beats a bluff (except for some 3 and whatever). IF you are going to call down, you MUST be positive your opponent is bluffing...again, with no reads, I fold.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:33 AM

I'd fold.

Not much you beat. Even in the unlikely event that CO is running a bluff, you have to figure in the possibility than UTG+2 may now have you outkicked and will stick around.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:34 AM

Grunch:

Call his raise & go into WA/WB mode. I think I c/c the riv without improvement, but a 3 could give you 2nd best boat. Oh well, a 3 is a b/c, an A is a b/r, almost anything else is a c/c.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Even without it being a c/r, it is a turn raise against the flop and turn bettor. Your opponent is attempting to show strength and you want to call down with a hand that is VERY weak on THIS board. Do you really want to show down this hand with A3? That makes me feel icky. Do you really think the vil is putting 2 bets into a 4.5 BB pot on a bluff? Your hand ONLY beats a bluff (except for some 3 and whatever). IF you are going to call down, you MUST be positive your opponent is bluffing...again, with no reads, I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true. Your hand beats lots of pocket pairs. No reads, I'm seeing the showdown as cheaply as possible. The info that I'm "buying" is going into the Notes field ASAP.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:40 AM

Honestly, what pocket pairs do you think he is playing like this? If he is a passive player, he calls with his mid and low pocket pairs PF from CO--if he raises, then he has big pockets (sometimes they limp them, but not often enough to count on it)--no PF raise, no big pockets. A pssive player WILL NOT raise the turn unless he obviously (to him) beats at least top pair--on this board, a passive is scared of both the A and 7 7. An aggressive player holding mid pockets (probably down through 77 and even 66) will raise to attempt to isolate the limper (and if he's thinking, buy the button). This is not the action which occurred. I believe the action in this case narrows the hand ranges significantly. Also, again, keep in mind this pot is small, is someone likely to risk so much on a bluff for this pot and are we ahead enough to justify defending this pot with this hand?