Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 04:30 AM

Default Waiting til the turn to raise

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

My line is to call the flop and raise a non [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7, T, or 5 turn. I figure my equity is much higher when I dodge the turn. Obviously I didn't get my chance to raise the turn because it checked to me. Anyone likey?

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

River: (11.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP folds.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB
Old 09-21-2005, 04:34 AM

Default Re: Waiting til the turn to raise

Hi beach,

Raising the turn here is the way to go. Raising the flop is exactly what all those kids with draws want you to do.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:38 AM

Default Re: Waiting til the turn to raise

Next time cut off your post at your flop call because the responses will get very skewed when people look at this turn action.

I think the flop call is fine. Your equity on the flop is not that great but it really jumps when a blank turn card hits (or an 8 [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]), so this is a great opportunity to go for 2 BBs on the turn if the turn card is favorable.