Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2005, 11:07 PM

Default Disturbing conversation with GamingClub support

I recently opened the GamingClub software for the first time in ages to see what kind of games they had going nowadays. Unfortunately, I didn't have my account login or password and I couldn't find a forgot-my-password function on the software, so I dialed their US toll-free support phone number off their web site (800-890-3304). A few voice-mail prompts later and I'm chatting with a cheerful Brit (I think.)

I tell him that I would like my login and password e-mailed. He asks if I have my login, I say no. He tells me that he can give me the information over the phone. I say OK. He asks me my first and last name and my address. He then reads me my login and tells me to choose a new password. I choose a new password and log into my account.

To be fair, I don't think I have ever funded my GamingClub account, and perhaps there is a different security procedure for accounts with, like, actual money in them. Maybe they checked my caller ID and made sure it matched up with what they have on record.

Nevertheless, unless someone can reassure me, I'd be leery to play via GamingClub or any of the Prima sites that allow someone to retrieve their login and set a new password simply with a player's first and last name and address.