Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2005, 09:08 AM

Default QQ, capped PF

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

UTG+1 isn't exactly good, but I guess its a relative term compared to the table. This can't be more than 8 hands with SB sitting down, and SB's play doesn't seem special at all.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero...

whats the play here? I know I have 4 T outs, but are my Q outs clean here? With the 4 T's as outs I only need 1 to 11 to call, but should I raise to push SB out of the hand?
Old 04-21-2005, 09:23 AM

Default Re: QQ, capped PF

It's kind of hard to imagine that SB is going anywhere. I'm much more concerned about getting trapped in a raising war between these guys than I am about pushing out SB.

I just call this and hope to see the turn cheap.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but should I raise to push SB out of the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you should call. You're probably behind to at least one of these guys, but who is hard to say. You may be behind both of them...and driving they/him out will be difficult.

I think you want both of them in the pot, in case the turn brings a T. Your Q outs are certainly dirty. I say you have 5 outs, so enough to see the turn, and I don't think raising is for value here.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:34 AM

SB capped preflop. The only preflop capping hand that isn't super excited about this flop is QQ, or else SB is an idiot. I'd call here, because I don't want to fold, but I wouldn't be surprised if SB goes for the post-cap check/raise, which would only be a check/3bet if you raise.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:38 AM

This is a terrible flop for you; just about every legitimate pre-flop cap hand has you beat here (AA, KK, JJ &amp; AK). SB checking this flop after his pre-flop cap either means he's a huge donk or he's going for a check-raise. If he's a donk with a worse hand than you then we want to keep him in the pot, if he has us beat then we don't want to give him more money; so call. Kick the cat when SB raises, call again and pray for a 10 on the turn, folding otherwise.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:37 AM

i wouldn't raise. i want to see what the turn brings. personally, i'd hate to see a Q come because i might still be behind to a straight or already kings or Ace trips but it's a hand that's hard to get away from.

SB capped, unless he's a LAG or just likes donating money, i bet he's slow playing trips. pray you see the turn for 1SB. check/fold UI.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:42 AM

You shouldnt raise him out of the hand. If he is ahead of you I don't think he will fold and if he is behind you want him to stay in the pot. You have 4 outs to the straight and if it's HU on the turn I would say you can count on the queens as outs as well so you can call the turn also.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:01 PM

im calling the first bet, gritting my teeth if it comes back raised, but fold if it comes back to me for two bets. dump it as soon as a heart comes, and even with a queen you might be behind.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:06 PM

raise if you want to clean out your Q outs. calling would be tough. sb could be going for a check raise with his pf cap and that rich board. now that i think about it i dont mind a fold. folding doesn't seem like a huge mistake.
Old 04-21-2005, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
raise if you want to clean out your Q outs. calling would be tough. sb could be going for a check raise with his pf cap and that rich board. now that i think about it i dont mind a fold. folding doesn't seem like a huge mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]
Raise to clear up our two outer? I don't think so. I'm calling the flop to see if I can turn a T. If I can't, I'm out of there. If it comes back to me three bet on the flop after I call, I'm folding.