Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 05:32 AM

Default Profit Share at PokerShare.com?

Can someone explain what is "Profit Share" at Pokershare.com? What is it? How does it work? My affiliate used to offer rakeback plus profit share deal. Now they only offer profit share, but I don't know what it is. Do I get to paid every month? based on what criteria??? thanks
Old 10-18-2005, 06:01 AM

Default Re: Profit Share at PokerShare.com?

It's all FULLY explained on their website. Go check it out.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:01 PM

I would add though that the general consensus is that the profit share part of poker share is going to be kinda small.

If it's between UB with rb, or poker share without, I think it's probably UB in a land slide.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:18 PM

You were supposed to get both, rakeback and shares. Another bullshit site that screwed all new members.
Old 10-18-2005, 03:26 PM

Instead of starting a new thread, I thought I'd just ask here, (sorry if it's a hi-jack) But I was just wondering if anyone knows the current status of having 2 accounts, 1 on UB and 1 on Pokershare?
I was lucky enough to get in before they apparently stopped it, but I'm trying to refer a couple of my friends and they say that when they try and download the software it tells them that they can't because they already have a UB account. Is there no way to have both now?? Or is it like Party back in the good old days and you need a clean computer and details??

Cheers in advance and sorry for the HJ [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2005, 04:47 PM

It sounds like he's trying to screw you over.

You were supposed to get profit sharing from Pokershare directly + rakeback from the affiliate.

Instead, the affiliate has decided to keep your rakeback for himself.

There is no way I would continue to play an account generating income for an affiliate who lied to me and is planning on keeping money I should be getting.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:23 AM

I believe the OP is saying that he hasn't yet signed up for Pokershare. My impression is that the affiliate in question closed its rb program to new players, not stopped paying rb on existing ones, in which case, he is welcome to seek out a pokershare deal with another affiliate.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:43 AM

If that's the case, then he's not trying to rip you off. But he's not offering you anything either. You'd get the profit sharing even without signing up through an affiliate.

Google is your friend. I'm sure you can find someone reputable still offering rakeback on that site.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone explain what is "Profit Share" at Pokershare.com? What is it? How does it work? My affiliate used to offer rakeback plus profit share deal. Now they only offer profit share, but I don't know what it is. Do I get to paid every month? based on what criteria??? thanks

[/ QUOTE ]
It's well known that a couple of weeks ago PokerShare changed its policy. Affiliates are no longer allowed to offer rakeback. Customers already signed up when the change was announced are grandfathered.

This ends the factual portion of the post. The following is speculation.

It's pretty obvious that UB belatedly realized they committed a terrible blunder. PokerShare and its affiliates were using rakeback to do the exact same thing to UB that the Party skins did to Party. So UB intervened by forcing PokerShare to stop offering rakeback.

Of course UB affiliates do offer generous rakeback and PS has no means of countering this. PS is losing affiliates and has no viable business plan. When there are no profits to share that will be the last straw and PS will collapse. Possibly it could survive as a wraith by spending virtually no money and passively serving its existing customers. Think PokerNow.

From what I have heard it appears that UB handles customer banking for PS so that player funds should be safe. Can anyone shed any light on this subject?

I do see one possible way PS might survive. If you are interested go to www.rakerebatereview.com and read the section on PS.

I want to emphasize again that this is my personal opinion. PS management participates at 2+2 and I would love to hear their thoughts.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:17 AM

That's definately a rough spot to be in, but so long as PS stays a UB skin, I'd imagine they could survive on the already grandfathered players, and players who aren't interested/ aware of rakeback. After all, if you take away rb PS is still > UB.