Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 10:26 AM

Default Fairly interesting hand (bad beat post in disguise :p)

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter

I didn't know BB was fslexcduck at the time, but I had him (well, her obviously, but I don't have the little dolls in the chairs turned on) pegged as a solid player. Aggressive preflop, so I'm close to sure we're splitting after she rereraises the flop.

SB is bad but not horrible. Too loose and too passive.

<font color="#C00000">BB (fslexcduck) ($645.60)</font>
UTG ($419)
Hero ($541.25)
Button ($264)
<font color="#C00000">SB ($1026.06)</font>

Preflop: Hero is MP with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $15</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) calls $13, fslexcduck calls $11.

Flop: ($45) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">fslexcduck bets $30</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $100</font>, SB calls $100, <font color="#CC3333"> fslexcduck raises to $300</font>, Hero calls $200, SB calls $200.

Turn: ($945) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $330.6</font>, fslexcduck calls $330.60 (all-in), Hero folds.

River: ($1606.20) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $1606.20
Old 09-27-2005, 10:31 AM

Default Re: Fairly interesting hand (bad beat post in disguise :p)

What do you put SB on? Weird hand. I guess bottom two is most likely given the turn action. But on the flop, I probably just push the second time around. If someone with 2pr/set draws out I at least want them to pay the max for it. Also, at least when I've played with her, her party name was the same as her 2+2 name. I guess that wasn't the case here, though...
Old 09-27-2005, 10:39 AM

hmm weird hand indeed.

i had no idea what you had wtf, but i was pretty sure SB had a set... the only thing is the lack of a reraise preflop in 6 max got me because most people reraise QQ or even JJ oop... do you think i could have gotten away getting 4 to 1? i think if the Q or Jhad paired sure, but isn't QJ likely enough here to just stick it in? i think that's the more i nteresting question here...

i think for you it's a good fold, one of us has to have you beat (though my chat of i guess i'm beat - uber monkey tilt i was on probably lets you know i dont have it) and you're calling with half the odds as normal because if one of us doesn't have a boat you're definitely chopping w/ one of us.
i mean, maybe not though, i think it's marginal, but given the fact that you're at best splitting, folding is fine.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:28 PM

yeah wtf put it in on the flop, i talked with vanessa about this hand and she said you were looking for a blank.

more merit if 2tone, but it's dry and you have the nuts vs people who want to play a big pot. dont let them down.

as was v good fold on the turn, you didnt get your blank so you had the discipline to lay down.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:31 PM

i disagree about more merit if two tone. here on rainbow board it is very obvious what is a blank and what isn't. if this is two tone a blank could be a flush card or board pari and since you dont know you gotta get it in on the flop.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i disagree about more merit if two tone. here on rainbow board it is very obvious what is a blank and what isn't. if this is two tone a blank could be a flush card or board pari and since you dont know you gotta get it in on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

whatever, point is waiitng for a blank applies more when there are more combinations of even money type hands where you dont have an edge. here this isnt the case, although i think it turned out fortunately
Old 09-27-2005, 04:47 PM

Yes, I was looking for a blank. I was pretty certain fslexcduck was on the straight with me after she reraised the flop (I guess I would be a bit less certain if I knew who she was and that she remembered I was 2+2, but still pretty likely to be a chop pot). That means a set, and SB pretty much needs a set to call her raise, has more equity in the pot than me. Therefore, waiting for a blank to get the money in gains quite some merit. Because the money will certainly go in if the turn is a blank, but I save it when it pairs. This can backfire heavilly when I fold the best hand of course, but I feel it's right. Anyway, it's kinda interesting.

And I agree with fslexcduck that I can't flat call on a two-tone flop, since I won't know where I'm at whatever falls on the turn.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:50 PM

I don't get your flop call, svi.

I'd put this all-in for sure, instead.

RYan
Old 09-27-2005, 04:58 PM

Unless he has top set it is going to be pretty hard for him to call 400 more on the flop if you shove because he has to be worried about top set from you which is obviously devastating for him. Even if he isn't worried about top set, he would still not be getting correct odds to draw to fill up I dont think but I can't really do math. Also, it gets worse for him if he puts Vanessa on two pair or a set since that will kill a few of his outs to fill up.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I was looking for a blank. I was pretty certain fslexcduck was on the straight with me after she reraised the flop (I guess I would be a bit less certain if I knew who she was and that she remembered I was 2+2, but still pretty likely to be a chop pot). That means a set, and SB pretty much needs a set to call her raise, has more equity in the pot than me. Therefore, waiting for a blank to get the money in gains quite some merit. Because the money will certainly go in if the turn is a blank, but I save it when it pairs. This can backfire heavilly when I fold the best hand of course, but I feel it's right. Anyway, it's kinda interesting.

And I agree with fslexcduck that I can't flat call on a two-tone flop, since I won't know where I'm at whatever falls on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is when SB plays it as he should, i.e. checks the turn 8. Say SB checks and fxldsfhnodsfuhsdf (eh...) goes all in? You'd be forced to call since she is likely on a split and SB might have Q J. Or if the turn is an 8 and it's checked to you.

I just push the flop, cause the pot is so big, and I don't want to face the akward turn scenarios I described above.