Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2005, 02:41 PM

Default Best online room for .25/.50?

I've been playing since around November and I feel I've progressed greatly, but it seems like I still can't master the .5/1 games just quite yet - some days I will do great and some days I will make silly mistakes.

I noticed in my PT stats that I am posting a very high winning session % at .25/.5 but not so great at .5/1 - I feel somewhat comfortable playing .5/1, but not quite as much as .25/.50 which brings me to my question...

Obviously I should probably drop down to .25/.50 for a while, but which online room is best to play? I've played at Stars, Paradise, and others, but just wondering what you guys consider the premier .25/.50 site?

Thanks for your help.
Old 06-05-2005, 02:55 PM

Default Re: Best online room for .25/.50?

Skillwise, there isn't much of a difference between .25/.50 and .5/1, so if you can beat one, you can beat the other, no problems! It's probably a psychological thing.
Old 06-05-2005, 02:57 PM

Yeah, on some threads I have read similiar writings and I thought it was true. I only deposited $100 out of my BR to Party to play .5/1 because I had like 2 hundred locked up on another site (which I have since cashed out) - maybe only having 100 BB was hindering my ability to play correctly?
Old 06-05-2005, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Skillwise, there isn't much of a difference between .25/.50 and .5/1, so if you can beat one, you can beat the other, no problems! It's probably a psychological thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

From my own experience I skipped .25/.50 entirely. Most poker rooms offer up a bonus whereby play 100 raked hands of 25 cents or more and recieve 10 bucks. At .5/1 this will normally take 200 hands to clear, so you are getting 5bb/100 just to play at .5/1 whereas at .25/.5 it would take a very long time to clear. I am clearing 50 or 60 bucks in bonus every week and playing break even poker so I am pocketing the bonus every month. I don't regret skipping .25/.50 at all.
Old 06-05-2005, 03:24 PM

Full tilt is very nice. And pokerroom also, as mentioned above
Old 06-05-2005, 03:34 PM

The quality of players at Pacific is brutal, at every table you will find a player who is willing to give you money time after time . But then again you cannot multi table.
Old 06-05-2005, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The quality of players at Pacific is brutal, at every table you will find a player who is willing to give you money time after time . But then again you cannot multi table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Has Pacific's software improved any? I used to love playing their until I would be like holding the nuts and get disconnected. Their software was crap! This was about 4 months ago, though.
Old 06-05-2005, 05:34 PM

I wasnt playing there 4 months ago so I cannot really compare to then but I dont ever get disconnected or anything like that but you cannot play many hands per hour, I believe the average for .25/.50 full is around 40 hands per hour so that isnt that good but the quality of the players can offset the low number of hands.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:10 PM

whats your name at paradise..?

I've played there quite a lot, and find it to be very profitable.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:13 PM

I have just been playing at this limit at pacific, and I can tell you their software is truely terrible. It's so slow, and the disconnects... well you can imagine how much stuff I broke after folding 40 hands for about an hour, then getting AA and being disconnected. The plus side is the absolutely terrible opposition, and I'm not even exaggerating. Only reason I'm still there is the cardplayer bonus, which they let you play with after you withdraw your initial deposit, and I've been cashing out all my winnings over that. There is no way to play the required hands, so I can see a quick session of 5/10 the day before it expires [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Anyway, if you want some crap players and don't mind the software it might be worth taking up.