Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2005, 12:38 PM

Default Shady e-mail from PokerNOW

Hey. Deposited money in PokerNOW yesterday after signing up about a week and a half ago. Didn't receive my 20% bonus on my $500 deposit. Got this e-mail in return:

[ QUOTE ]
From our records, we see that you did use the bonus code "XXXXXX" while creating an account with us and you were eligible for 20% bonus on your first deposit before 22-FEB-2005 14:38 EST. We see that you made your first real money deposit on 23-FEB-2005 14:38 EST, hence you will not get the 20% bonus as the deposit was made after the expiry date.

However, I see that you are a special player on our site and offer you a 20% Deposit Bonus (to a maximum of $100) on your next deposit through iGM-Pay Deposit option.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, if I'm after the expiration date, OK. Anyone else find it funny, though, that I just happened to deposit 24 hours TO THE MINUTE after it expired? Also, offering me the ongoing IGMPAY bonus because I'm a "special player"??? That's just funny.

Should I send them an e-mail back saying I only joined their particular site because they offered a good bonus and will take my business to one of the many other sites that will honor bonuses? Will they cave? Any better advice/ways to word it?
Old 02-24-2005, 12:43 PM

Default Re: Shady e-mail from PokerNOW

Exact same thing happened to me at Empire. When I finally decided to make my first deposit there they said the first time signup bonus was expired, and I also was given the IGMPAY bonus instead as my only option.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:48 PM

Shoulda deposited sooner.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:55 PM

PokerNow is always advertising a 20% first deposit bonus on their site - I don't see why they couldn't just give you the bonus, regardless of the code you entered.