Old 10-19-2005, 02:09 PM

Default Re: Party VIP club

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
10k raked hands by end of october: $500. 50k raked hands in nov: $2500

[/ QUOTE ]

not great....but could be worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

my thoughts exactly. It's not great but vastly better than what they are doing now.

[ QUOTE ]

i would probably do this....but think they should give more for 50k.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm think I'm going to actually push hard for the 50k (would be my biggest month) and then try to negotiate - I definitely got the impression that they had a lot of leeway in the offers they give. If that's the best I can get I will definitely reevaluate - like you said it's not great. I'm hoping a big fat MGR for november can give me more leverage than the .5/1-3/6 and SNG numbers I have now give me.

[ QUOTE ]

do you have a way of monitoring # of raked-hands?? or do you just aim for 60k and hope it's enough?

[/ QUOTE ]

you can find it in poker tracker, filter down to just your PP hands for the month, go to Game Notes tab, hit "Get All" button, bottom row of the table look at TRH--> xxxx.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:21 PM

So 10K hands for $500 and 50K for $2500. This is like a 20 x playthru bonus. I kinda think this is terrible. Palman got 6.6 cents per hand which is $660 per 10K and 3300/50K hands. Maybe you should still negotiate!
Old 10-19-2005, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So 10K hands for $500 and 50K for $2500. This is like a 20 x playthru bonus. I kinda think this is terrible. Palman got 6.6 cents per hand which is $660 per 10K and 3300/50K hands. Maybe you should still negotiate!

[/ QUOTE ]

sort of like 20x playthrough, but essentially bottomless which is unlike any other bonus offer party has ever offered. for me it all comes down to $/hr, I really don't care if it is 100x playthrough or whatever setup as long as it makes me the most money. With this deal I am probably coming up about .2-.3bb/100 short on party compared to empire, and it is definitely possible this difference is overcome by the lower quality of players on the party network.

like I said in my post, the party dude said there currently is no x/hand system. What palman has, I have no idea but it sounds like something else. More power to him but he appears to be the only one on these boards (which are full of high volume/high stakes players) getting this type of offer. I'm not saying he's making it up, just saying that it's not worth trying to get something that no one else but him seems to be getting.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:47 PM

Very true that this offer is better than nothing and maybe they'll make you a better one after a few months.

My offer is now on the table. They are going thru my account activity and will offer something within the next few days. I haven't played much on party in the last 2 years so my offer will probably be the biggest joke of all if I even get one.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:53 PM

My original offer stated $1400 for 21k hands. I then emailed them back asking for more clarification and she replied saying that its not a limit, that I'd get $700 if I hit 10.5k hands, and $2100 for 31.5k hands.

The original email stated "$1400 for 21,000 hands (of course if you exceed this amount, you will be rewarded accordingly) when I asked the specifics of that, that's when she said the explanation above.

I don't know what they used to come up with these #'s. In fact, my email stated "Last July, you played approximately 21,000" Why they chose 15 months ago as a benchmark I have absolutely no idea.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:20 PM

I am pretty sure that by 'last July' they were referring to 3 months ago.

Again, why they chose this is anyone's best guess.

Perhaps this was your highest-volume month on Party amongst your past 6-12 months or something like that.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:35 PM

It certainly wasn't one of my higher months because I was out at the series for 2 weeks. I did move up to 30/60 around then though.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:24 PM

This sounds interesting.
It's just that I havent spent enough time on Party to "prove my worth" to them. Maybe after a couple of high volume weeks I'll give them an email.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This sounds interesting.
It's just that I havent spent enough time on Party to "prove my worth" to them. Maybe after a couple of high volume weeks I'll give them an email.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, im in the same boat. I started high volume play at 3/6 and 5/10 once i left party for a skin. Now i dont know whether i should start playing there and hope to get a good offer or wether i should try a diffrent route with party. I already tried e-mailing the bonus@party and told them how much i play and what limits but no response in a week.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:50 PM

I don't think you got the email right try
bonus@partypoker.com

I havn't emailed them yet. I'm playing mostly $50 and $100NL but will wait befor writing to them.

Let us know what they say.