Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2005, 05:24 AM

Default Re: KK and an A falls on the turn

[ QUOTE ]
I don't mean to be a spoiler, but I'll tell you what the villain showed (in white):<font color="white"> 33</font>

I'm still going through hand histories from about 6 months ago and I thought this was an interesting hand. I imagine that the villain had seen me fold a lot and thought he could steal the pot with a check-raise. Little did he know he was up against a donk like me who doesn't know when to quit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes sense in a way. Judging by the texture of the board and our stats on the villian...

I think a lot of the time he's either folding or check-raising us (with either a monster or a bluff).
Old 06-06-2005, 05:24 AM

Default Re: What I think this hand shows

Right, but if the villain reads me as the kind of player who is disciplined enough to fold for one more bet (and obviously this is true here), then I must find some way to stop his bluffs. Having a pot stolen like this one is a disaster.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Calling a river check-raise here against a typical player is a bad idea, unless you know the Villain is capable of bluff check-raising, in which case you should call.

You are going to see either an Ace, trips, or a boat here 90% of the time against a typical player.

Someone on here(I forget who) said: When was the last time you called a check-raise and won? Bodhi won tonight, but I bet most of the time when he calls a river check-raise he loses, like most of us do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, I don't put it past people to raise KQ KJ OJ JJ QQ TT on the river. Unthinkable to us? yes. Unthinkable to the masses? Not by a long shot. I call the river. and yes i am being elitest.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:25 AM

I don't think so. You don't see river-check raises with garbage that often. I think he either calls or folds the vast majority of the time, and if he calls I think you're good here most of the time.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:37 AM

If you are uncomfortable calling a CR on the river, then you should just check behind. I think this whole valuebet thing has gone too far, people don't call with crap as much as SSH says, not on party during reload period anyway.