Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2004, 08:44 PM

Default Re: zoo tsunami relief tourney

celebrate new year over the weekend and cant play but have used Gregs Bonus idea.

wish u all a great tourney
Wolfgang
Old 12-28-2004, 09:19 PM

I'm in.

In addition to this entry donation plus 100% of the winnings (if I win anything) to charity, I'm going to donate $1000 of my own money to charity.

Thanks for these posts, they REALLY put life into perspective.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:20 PM

Not to hijack the thread (and sorry if Greg J posted here already), he had the idea of using your bonus whoring for some donations too.

this is precisely what prompted the tourney idea.

greg's challenge should be done by all. the proceeds from that have the chance to be much more significant. this tourney is merely a way of everyone throwing some pocket change and getting together to do it.

i have found a way to make my donation more significant than the $10 through the match (because i don't really bonus whore), and greg's challenge should be the vehicle that others use.

i just watched tivo of the evening news and the images are absolutely indescribable. also, the relief organizations are begging for exactly water and money. while our contribution will be ingsignificant to the total picture of course, the expected defecit between donations and need is in the ten billion dollar range.

this is more about karma than the actual impact of our donation. it is also about a group of people who are lucky to have lives that afford us to be able to play poker while others are suffering the loss of entire generations within their families and nations.

i would expect that the group that will pop in to play on sunday are the type of people who will make more significant contributions on the individual level, but a tourney is a great way to get some people digging in their pockets and thinking of doing more, like greg's challenge.

just the existence of the tourney bearing the zoo name and tsunami relief name may help spark player's at pokerstars to do something as well.

imo, having a great turnout on sunday would be a nice show of community force. it is a great way to spend an hour and certainly is the least we can do.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:04 PM

Great idea for a great cause.. I normally don't have the time to participate in the Zoo tourneys. Is there a way for other players like me to donate through you by transfering money in one of the sites to you?

Of course, I can do it on my own but it makes me feel a little part of the zoo doing this way.

You can PM me with the information or an alternative option if you wish.

thanks

JAque
Old 12-28-2004, 11:39 PM

If I can make it back from my ahole bosses 2-5PM "get together for nibbling, conversation and sucking up" party in time I'm in. If not I will transfer you double the buy in on Stars.

P.S. Granny I know you do a lot of good deeds but I'm proud of you for this one.
Old 12-28-2004, 11:48 PM

Thanks Granny. Times like this really put our hobbies and our lives in perspective.

I will play and donate 100% of winnings to the relief fund. In addition, I am recruiting players outside of the 2+2 family and will possibly be paying their entry fees into the tournament as well. Let's SPREAD THE WORD on this tournament and collect as many players as we can!
Old 12-29-2004, 12:12 AM

Let's SPREAD THE WORD on this tournament and collect as many players as we can!

you guys post this password anywhere you can. the more the merrier.

thanks for the support!
Old 12-29-2004, 01:19 AM

I usually don't like playing on PS, but I will do so for the this wonderful cause.

Granny, you are seriously becoming my hero and I think I am falling in love with you. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Lawrence
Old 12-29-2004, 01:21 AM

With Granny's okay, I'll donate a $50 + 5 entry fee bounty to the person who knocks Granny Mae out of the tourney. The bounty must be used at PokerStars in any sit and go or multi-table cash prize tournament (excluding WSOP or WPT entry tournies), and the bounty winner must agree to donate half of any winnings from THAT (future) tournament to the zoo Tsunami relief tourney fund. Alternately, the winner may decide to donate the entire 50 + 5 bounty itself to the fund.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:47 AM

Default Tuco puts out a Canadian challenge!

Meet or beat my $100!

(i'm Nalsund there granny)

Tuco.