Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 06:00 AM

Default is this legal to do?

can i show my two hole cards during play?

if there is much money in the pot and there has been a reraise and many calls that one and I GO ALL IN with A,A.
I dont wanna play 2 or more opps, I am satisfied with the money in the pot allready SO I SHOW MY ACES when i pushes all my chips in - is this legal to do? I prob will be beaten by someone if it turns out to be a multipot, so i try to scare them.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:21 AM

Default Re: is this legal to do?

No..its not allowed (at least at any normal card room) and rightly so. You might kill action for another player who might want the callers.

No good player is going to fold even if you DO show your cards, if he has the correct odds to hang around...and it sounds like he might.

Youre a favorite anyway, even if its only slight. You don't want them to fold.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't want them to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I do! And very much also [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2005, 09:44 AM

Just announce that you have aces.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:58 PM

so I can't just flip them over?
would i be out of the pot or whole tournament if I do that?
Old 11-08-2005, 01:19 PM

First time you would probably get a warning. Its a cheap ploy though and not really fit to be discussed. Play your cards correctly and stop trying to cheat the system. Push them out of the pot with a bet, not some pathetic ploy
Old 11-08-2005, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You don't want them to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I do! And very much also [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless this is a tournament, at the final table or near the bubble, you shouldn't want them to fold.

Exposing your hand at any time during a tournament will subject you to a penalty in most places. In a cash game, you will have done your opponents a favor so anyone who complains is a moron.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:05 PM

As far as I know, if you turn up one or more of your hole cards, your hand is dead and you're out of this pot. There aren't a whole lot of offenses like this that will forfeit the tournament for you.

This rule isn't universal, but it's pretty close -- the National Heads-up Poker Championship allowed you to show your cards, but being heads-up, that's a little different.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First time you would probably get a warning. Its a cheap ploy though and not really fit to be discussed. Play your cards correctly and stop trying to cheat the system. Push them out of the pot with a bet, not some pathetic ploy

[/ QUOTE ]

if it is legal it is part of the game as much as any other legal action. So IF legal why should it be considered a cheap ploy?
Old 11-08-2005, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if it is legal it is part of the game as much as any other legal action. So IF legal why should it be considered a cheap ploy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because its not legal... although the first offense would likely only get a warning. Its pretty tough to get thrown out of a tournament.