Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 12:18 AM

Default Re: Best movie quotes

"who's coming with me"
Jerry maguire. because jerry is my idol.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The girl in your avatar looks like she's a retard. An honest to goodness retard. It's probably just the angle and speed that make her look like that, and yes the tits are a nice addition, but she looks like she suffers from Down's Syndrome.

~D

[/ QUOTE ]

you are gay (not a movie quote)

my favorite for the moment:
"I bury those cock-a-roaches!" in Scarface, not much wit, just funny how pacino says it (and everything else in that movie)

dizong
Old 10-20-2005, 12:46 AM

"Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
George C. Scott as General George S. Patton, Jr., in the movie Patton.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:03 AM

how about this one from dead man.

"this weapon will replace your tongue. you will learn to speak through it.

"and your poetry will now be written in blood."

-nobody.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:18 AM

There so many, and it has been covered before, but what the hey. You mentioned 2 films for most quotable, and they are up there, but I'd also add Blazing Saddles to the list.

Here's my favourites from that at the moment (and coincidentally seem appropriate to OOT):

"What's happening in the clean world?"
"Mongo on pawn in game of life"
Old 10-20-2005, 01:29 AM

There are so many movie quotes that touch me from a romantic point of view, due to their grandiose, beautiful nature, but these three stand out:

"I... had an experience. I can't prove it, I can't even explain it, but everything that I know as a human being, everything that I am tells me that it was real. I was given something wonderful, something that changed me forever. A vision of the universe, that tells us undeniably, how tiny, and insignificant and how... rare, and precious we all are! A vision that tells us that we belong to something that is greater then ourselves, that we are *not*, that none of us are alone." --Contact

"I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope." --The Shawshank Redemption

"Lotsa towns, lotsa songs, lotsa women...all I ever wanted them to say was, 'He could really play...he was good.'" --Crossroads
Old 10-20-2005, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There are so many movie quotes that touch me from a romantic point of view, due to their grandiose, beautiful nature, but these three stand out:

"I... had an experience. I can't prove it, I can't even explain it, but everything that I know as a human being, everything that I am tells me that it was real. I was given something wonderful, something that changed me forever. A vision of the universe, that tells us undeniably, how tiny, and insignificant and how... rare, and precious we all are! A vision that tells us that we belong to something that is greater then ourselves, that we are *not*, that none of us are alone." --Contact

"I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope." --The Shawshank Redemption

No matter how many times I watch Shawshank this monologue and what follows(Red walking on the beach and embracing Andy) always puts a lump in my throat
Old 10-20-2005, 01:40 AM

Hands down:

Ronald Fisher: Yeah, not some tight-ass Middlesex chick, right? Like this cute little blonde that will get down and dirty with the guys. Like Smurfette does.
Donnie: Smurfette doesn't [censored].
Ronald Fisher: That's bullshit. Smurfette fucks all the other Smurfs. Why do you think Papa Smurf made her? Because all the other Smurfs were getting too horny.
Sean Smith: No, no, no, not Vanity. I heard he was a homosexual.
Ronald Fisher: Okay, then, you know what? She fucks them and Vanity watches. Okay?
Sean Smith: What about Papa Smurf? I mean, he must get in on all the action.
Ronald Fisher: Yeah, what he does, he films the gang-bang, and he beats off to the tape.
Donnie: [shouts] First of all, Papa Smurf didn't create Smurfette. Gargamel did. She was sent in as Gargamel's evil spy with the intention of destroying the Smurf village. But the overwhelming goodness of the Smurf way of life transformed her. And as for the whole gang-bang scenario, well, it just couldn't happen. Smurfs are asexual. They don't even have... reproductive organs under those tiny, white pants. It's just so illogical, about being a Smurf, you know? I mean, what's the point of living... if you don't have a dick?
Old 10-20-2005, 01:55 AM

I could go for a day and a half, here's a quick trio:
[ QUOTE ]
Harry Lime: Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock. So long Holly.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Verbal: The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

[/ QUOTE ]

but if I had to pick just one, it would be:
[ QUOTE ]
Bernstein: A fellow will remember a lot of things you wouldn't think he'd remember. You take me. One day, back in 1896, I was crossing over to Jersey on the ferry, and as we pulled out, there was another ferry pulling in, and on it there was a girl waiting to get off. A white dress she had on. She was carrying a white parasol. I only saw her for one second. She didn't see me at all, but I'll bet a month hasn't gone by since that I haven't thought of that girl.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-20-2005, 02:02 AM

well, not the best, but my favorite one is from Apocolypse Now

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. Smells like [pause]victory. Some day this war is gonna end..."