Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2004, 10:42 AM

Default 1800gambler/Eurobet Revisited

First let me say that the starting of rake rebate comparison sites (I believe it was Homer who got the ball rolling) is the best thing I have seen on this forum; and the best possible development for the poker-playing community. I am going to wait until they are up before I sign on with an affiliate since the new sites hopefully will provide full disclosure on who's offering what.

Secondly--since I unintentionally provided 1800gambler with some free advertising recently, I feel obligated to provide this additional information about his Eurobet program:

1. When you sign up with other Eurobet affiliates, they give you a referral code/link to use when opening your account. This referral link takes you to Eurobet's standard sign-in page which offers Eurobet's standard 25%-up-to-$50 initial sign-up bonus.

2. When you sign up with Jay (1800gambler), he tells you that Eurobet doesn't use the affiliate-code-link system and you have to send him all your personal information and HE has to open the account for you.

3. I am surmising that his purpose for doing this is to avoid having the new player get the sign-up bonus. When I discovered this information I sent Jay an email inquiring about the bonus and have received only silence in return.

4. Jay has stated that Eurobet required him to sign an agreement that he will guarantee to pay his sign-ups at least 25% rakeback (other affiliates will probably pay less as they are just getting started and may not be able to afford 25% until they get their player base established).

5. So is forfeiting the $50 bonus in return for 25% a good deal or a bad deal? Obviously it depends on the individual player and how much rake he generates.

6.My "issue" with this is that I was misled and not made aware of the tit-for-tat tradeoff. Obviously I think others should be made aware of it.

7. Let me further state that I may be all wrong here; but I think the issue deserves airing.

8. Standard disclaimer: This is not spam, yada, yada . . .is there such a thing as NEGATIVE spam?? If so, Im sure I'll hear about it . . . [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]