Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 04:10 AM

Default Re: Leaderboard roll check...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, this sucks. I was hoping to average 5-6 hours a day 10-tabling $55s for a whole month, but it appears I may not even get a top 3 doing this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, I know a player that will play at least 2k 109's and 215s and works a real job. This should be a fun month. No break for christmas it looks like. jk

[/ QUOTE ]
Fortunately for everyone else, Bonafone, I'll be taking a family vacation from December 22nd through the 29th, so I guess I'll have to get about 70,000 points by the time I leave. Good luck to me!! And, yes, I will be working from 8 to 4 M-F everyday also.

[/ QUOTE ]

SICK SICK SICK

ps. I've also got a full-time job and I've managed 1,000 tournies every month for the past 4 months
Old 11-30-2005, 04:13 AM

You guys are of course insane. I barely pulled 1,000 SNGs one of the months over the summer when I had no school and nothing better to do.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:17 AM

Actually is kinda balances out if you look at it more closely. 55s and 33s are pretty damn close, and 109s aren't that far ahead of 55s.

The top few places are decided by effort put in, not buyin. Considering the impact buyin could have on your hourly rate, it'd be silly to play your non optimal buyin just to get more points. Eg, me at the 109s, better shot at 1st, but I wouldn't be surprised if my hourly rate dropped while my variance skyrocketed.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually is kinda balances out if you look at it more closely. 55s and 33s are pretty damn close, and 109s aren't that far ahead of 55s.

The top few places are decided by effort put in, not buyin. Considering the impact buyin could have on your hourly rate, it'd be silly to play your non optimal buyin just to get more points. Eg, me at the 109s, better shot at 1st, but I wouldn't be surprised if my hourly rate dropped while my variance skyrocketed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, let's also not forget that if one of us goes on a heater and gets HU an inordinate amount of time, say 30% for the month, that can easily even the playing field against someone playing an insane amount but gets HU 20-22% of the time. That's why I like this leaderboard, some just go buy whoever plays the most tournies, but this one makes you get top 2 for it to count.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:16 AM

I'll be playing the 22s full-time with a couple marathon 24 hour sessions. GL to everyone.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:46 AM

the leaderboard gives points to the top 20% of field. hm.. look into 2 and 3 table SnGs where making even 4th (2table) or 6th (3table) get you points?
Old 11-30-2005, 10:52 AM

My head is spinning with all those figures being thrown around here.

I am doing calculations how much I have to play to go pro and it looks that I would have to put in almost as many hours to get the same money as in my current job. Of course I would be playing only 1000 PS 25+2 a month...

Im in awe that somebody can play 1000 SnG while having a full time job. Unreal!
Old 11-30-2005, 11:11 AM

i put in 950 $55's this month, while going to school+hangin out w/ friends, and look like i'm gona be top 50... People shooting for top 5 are gona hafta play INSANE AMOUNTS, of sngs. More than 40hrs/week! I put in 95 hrs total this month.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well im trying to break my funk by playing less tables, but at the 215's. If that doesn't work out the first few days im going to play the same as fiery (125-150 55's/day). So I guess we'll see if i make a run for the top couple spots. Regardless though I will definatley be in the top 10.

Edited: screw the leaderboard this month, I'm partyin with my friends that are coming back from school. you guys have fun

[/ QUOTE ]
that a boi bonafone. exactly what i was hopin to hear. we will keep some time for some sngs tho. i gotta make the most of my time home to improve before next smester.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:21 AM

Uhh, accroding to what I'm reading in this thread, I think I'll go for the #1 on the leaderboard in February, when all you bums are burned out / endlifed / quit SNGs on Dr's orders.