Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
Remember to add that guy to your buddy list... calling raises with j9o are the types of guys we long to find.

[/ QUOTE ]

What raise?

The worst part of this hand by far is the river check behind form MP. $.25 preflop means very little in the general scheme of things.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Remember to add that guy to your buddy list... calling raises with j9o are the types of guys we long to find.

[/ QUOTE ]

What raise?

The worst part of this hand by far is the river check behind form MP. $.25 preflop means very little in the general scheme of things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Villain's idiotic passivity on the river saved me 38 BBs.

Xorbie, does StatTracker show you how often a player raises or reraises post flop? The reason that I ask is that I use MacPoker Pro because I play on a Mac. MacPoker Pro only gives "aggression factor" (a combination of bets and raises divided by calls postflop) which can be misleading as to a player's true aggressiveness, I think.

In my experience, there are certain players who are only LAGs postflop when they are the first to take aggressive action, but who are passive as kittens when it comes to raising or reraising. Such a player will be shown as having a very high "aggression factor", but this will be very misleading. Have you run into players like this, or is this short-sighted and imaginative on my part?
Old 10-12-2005, 05:17 PM

Is how many times a person folds included in the formula pokertracker uses to calculate Aggression factor? I have gotten in some messy situations when I have gone too far with a hand because the other guy had an aggression factor of 6.0 or something like that. but if this number doesn't include folds, then he might very well get out of most flops when he doesn't have a very strong holding, but almost never call when he does have a strong holding and thus have a high aggression factor
Old 10-12-2005, 05:45 PM

There are definitely a lot of players out there who bet very light but only raise very strong hands. Many "LAGs" are like this. Definitely something to factor in.