Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 10:11 AM

Default Re: How would you have played this?

[ QUOTE ]
Also, on a completely different note, in the situation that unfolded, remember that if someone has AA (not probably, but possible) then you lose 4 outs. Now you have an inside straight draw. You going to draw to that?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is something that I didn't even notice until I read your post (talk about missing the forest for the trees! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img])

I was thinking that if EP had the AA, I would still have 6 outs... completely diregarding the fact that if he hits the A on the turn, he's got a boat. (How in the world did I miss that?) So, yes... the real answer here is:

A) Probably fold pre-flop. With poor position, if there are callers behind me, this makes post flop play very difficult.

B) Definitely fold on the flop. I missed my monster and even if I do make one of my 4 outs (possibly only 3 as the 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] may make the flush), I'm still not necessarily a prohibitive favorite against a big pair and a potential flush draw.

Thanks for all the help, guys!
Old 07-27-2005, 10:49 AM

Default Re: How would you have played this?

i'd fold the flop...i don't like drawing to a straight on a paired/flush draw board. you could hit your draw and still be behind.