Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2005, 04:44 PM

Default Spirit Rock and Erik123

I'm pretty sure a lot of people have heard of spirit rock and have probably heard of erik123. Today, I was surfing Negreanu's website and I found a poll created by Negreanu which asks who the public thinks is better: Spirit Rock or Erik123?

To me, this is extremely surprising. Not because I don't think these two guys are phenomenal players, but because most of Negreanu's other polls involve names such as Forrest, Chan, Brunson, Hansen, Ivey, Reese, etc. But in this poll, Negreanu chooses to use their internet aliases. It seems like they're known more by their internet names than their real names.

I saw Erik123 chatting on fulltilt yesterday with Phil Ivey. Ivey had to go, so he told Erik123 to call him later. I was impressed with this scenario. Erik123 and Spirit Rock must be pretty big for all the top pros to know who they are and befriend them.

I've only heard about these two players, but no specific stories. Anyone want to share about them? Perhaps how dominating they are or any specific hands they've played that you've witnessed? Also, who do you think is better at A)NL and B)Overall?
Old 04-29-2005, 06:30 PM

Default Re: Spirit Rock and Erik123

well Erik123 has been considered one of the top online players for a few years now. And obviously spiritrock (which isnt his name anymore), is one of the best. They are both pro players though. Spiritrock won a WSOP event in 1998 or close to that. His real name is Phralad Friedman. He plays in all the big events. He also won a big tourney last year in california, not sure the name of it but it was a few hundred thousand payout.

And the fact that Ivey and Daniel talk to these guys is no suprise at all. Of course ivey plays in some of the biggest games in the world, but Daniel has just started to get into the bigger cash games. Friedman and Erik probably put more money into play in 1 day than Daniel does in a week
Old 04-29-2005, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Friedman and Erik probably put more money into play in 1 day than Daniel does in a week

[/ QUOTE ]
you sure about that??
Old 04-29-2005, 06:37 PM

well friedman plays on 3-4 sites, at the highest level NL games on the sites. Erik does the same thing, as well as mixing in a ton of 5000 heads up matches on stars.

Where is daniel putting up that can of playing at?
Old 04-29-2005, 06:56 PM

does Erik have a different name on stars than Erik123? I watch the 5k's a lot and haven't seen him
Old 04-29-2005, 07:06 PM

I wish Phil Ivey would let me call him. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2005, 07:52 PM

One of my good buddies qualified for the EPT in Monte Carlo that was played in March. He was staying at the same hotel as Erik123 and some of his Scandinavian buddies and told me he watched in sheer delight/awe as they played 2000 Euro cold hands in the hotel lobby.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:57 PM

I don't know if this has any relavance but I've got about 200 hands with SpiritRock on the $600 tables on Party. It's a bit surprising that Friedman would be playing as small limits as $3-6. I know one poster mentioned he doesn't think he uses the name SpiritRock anymore, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:01 PM

lol shh
Old 04-29-2005, 09:36 PM

daniel plays in cash games where, by his own description, he has been stuck over a million in a day. i think he can handle 30 grand spread over a few tables.