Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2005, 03:06 AM

Default Re: just don\'t get it

This forum has sunk to complete rubbish lately, thanks in large part to pointless posts like yours.

Do not come here for sympathy. This is not a church. We don't want to hear your confessionals.

Do not look for justification. There is none. The process is stochastic. Deal with it.

Why did this happen to you? Why did you lose with the nuts? It happens to all of us. You are not special. Get over it.

If you fold there, you should not be playing poker. In a larger sense, if you fold there, you will never succeed in anything you do in life. Both poker and life are about taking calculated risks, and if you expect to rise to the top by playing it safe you're in for a nasty surprise. Take the best situations you can find and seize hold of them.
Old 04-16-2005, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If you fold there, you should not be playing poker. In a larger sense, if you fold there, you will never succeed in anything you do in life. Both poker and life are about taking calculated risks, and if you expect to rise to the top by playing it safe you're in for a nasty surprise. Take the best situations you can find and seize hold of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh.
Old 04-16-2005, 03:59 AM

yo man, i never considered folding and beyond the obvious sour grapes, it was an unusual hand that has obviously generated interest beyond the boo-hoo woe is me variety. thanks though. either way, i dont give a D A M what sort of post you THINK you're entitled to.
Old 04-16-2005, 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.
Old 04-16-2005, 05:47 AM

No, you're missing the point of my post. That's precisely the problem. This post subsumes nothing beyond sour grapes. To purport otherwise is impudent.
Old 04-16-2005, 05:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No, you're missing the point of my post. That's precisely the problem. This post subsumes nothing beyond sour grapes. To purport otherwise is impudent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes I feel bad for quoting other people's posts without adding anything original, so occasionally I write things without meaning in order to disguise the fact that the only reason I'm posting is that I agree with the post I'm replying to.
Old 04-16-2005, 08:09 AM

tru dat!
Old 04-16-2005, 08:12 AM

still instancall. i take made straight against flush draw and trips every day of the week. but maybe im just old fashioned.
Old 04-16-2005, 08:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
still instancall. i take made straight against flush draw and trips every day of the week. but maybe im just old fashioned.

[/ QUOTE ]

if 2 huge overbet allins in that tiny pot i would suspect you are going to be chopping if you win.
Old 04-16-2005, 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One of your aces is a club.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol your right. after 2, 20 hour session in a row with little sleep in beetwen im not the smartest guy on the planet. but then again im never the smartest guy on the planet.