Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 07:29 PM

Default Hand against Sporky

Sporky and I play at the same site frequently. We talk all the time, we play HU frequently, 3-way and 4-way pretty often as well. We've been playing Stars HU a lot. I get out of line often enough to make me unpredictable, especially HU. He's good, I think he's perhaps a bit weak-tight trying turn fe raises a bit too often and folding to the 3-bet when he should also be capping more often. In the past month or two he's been brutalized, but not because he's a bad player. He is straightforward. Although I think it's close, I think I'm better than him HU.

There are a number of lines I use, and no two or 3 standard lines especially against players I know. I'm sure sporky knows this.

Sporky's on the Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

3-handed, 1/3 blinds

Sporky open raises on the Button, SB folds, braz calls in the BB.

Flop is Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

braz checks,<font color="red">sporky bets</font>, braz calls

Turn is 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

<font color="red">braz bets</font>, <font color="red">sporky raises</font>, braz calls</font>

River 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

braz checks, sporky...

What's our action if braz donks the river?
Old 12-09-2005, 07:36 PM

Default Re: Hand against Sporky

fold pre flop
Old 12-09-2005, 07:42 PM

You mean fold the river with AA for 1 bet on a 3-flush river in a 60BB pot, am i rite
Old 12-09-2005, 09:45 PM

i'm not so sure about the turn raise, but my thoughts were that i hate you and you'd donk with a lot of stuff and a good bit of it i would beat so i raised.

if you donk the river i'd probably fold and kill myself.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:07 PM

I don't know you guys that well, so I can't make an insightful read here, but against a normal player, I'd bet the river. Most of the time, going for a river check-raise after just calling the turn raise would be goofy.

If you were afraid he'd fold to a turn 3-bet and you want him to pay your huge hand off, then nh, sir. Hope he bets the river and you can check-raise, in which case he'll call b/c he'll think you're acting goofy.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:30 AM

hold on, i'm confused. Sporky has the QJs. easy PF raise, flop and turn fine.

If braz had donked the river (ala stop and go) i'd just call. Given that braz checks, sporky should donk again since i don't think the turn raise is for a free SD - braz would bet/3-bet a K here.

Am i missing something? the structure of this post has flummoxed me.