Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 12:05 AM

Default 5/10 Turn Continuation Bet HU with a Gutshot?

This is a common situation, do I continuation bet the turn in late position HU? Against a opponent that autocalls the flop I would, but against an unknown... Anyway here is an example hand below, let me know what you think. I have no reads on these guys.

What are some situations that you would be more/less inclined to do a continuation bet on the turn?

Party Poker (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG limps, Hero raises, SB/UTG calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, UTG folds, SB calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB bets, Hero folds.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:49 AM

Default Re: 5/10 Turn Continuation Bet HU with a Gutshot?

Bet the turn.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:54 AM

Against an unknown you should bet this turn. I don't see much point in betting the river against an opponent who called the turn. Unless they're on something screwy like T5 for the cruddy gutshot and lucked out by pairing the river, your basic opponent will fold a pair just about never on the river, and it's unlikely you're against AJ here.
Old 12-10-2005, 01:02 AM

I don't mind a turn check. He's never folding a king and most likely not a queen, so it's not like you have huge fold equity, and you'd have to call a check raise because you'd have odds to draw.