Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 01:10 AM

Default spew?

Party (our RNG is like blackjack in South Africa) Poker

Quick question, replies from those of you who have some kind of record of whether or not this is +ev would be grrrrrreatly appreciated.

You have the naked A on a three flush board [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (you got the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])

no straight flush possibilities, and for all intents and purposes you have just the nut flush draw.

3 handed, flop is three hearts, it's checked around on the flop (you're first to act)

You miss the turn and check, last guy bets, you c'r UI.

To spew or not to spew, this is the question.....

dos mas dos poker, mas nuestro mediadore bilingua, esta es la beautitud

Tex
Old 11-14-2005, 01:24 AM

Default Re: spew?

This move depends entirely on the bettor. Some people after being checked to twice will bet anything, including a lot of hands you're beating. The real question here is whether or not the bettor will fold a pair after he bets it. If he won't, then don't bother. If he will, fire away.

lf
Old 11-14-2005, 01:28 AM

my PT is on her maiden voyage, I dont know this guy from adam.

point here is, does this work enough to make a small profit....

i'm leaning towards yes, but would love to hear someone argue against....
Old 11-14-2005, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my PT is on her maiden voyage, I dont know this guy from adam.

point here is, does this work enough to make a small profit....

i'm leaning towards yes, but would love to hear someone argue against....

[/ QUOTE ]

with no information on the villian, i'd say its close. Keep in mind if she calls, you miss, and you have to show, that you'll need to adjust against her in the future.

lf
Old 11-14-2005, 01:41 AM

This isn't a bad spot for a semi-bluff since a lot of the time you'll pick up the pot right there on the turn.

But I think there needs to be more information about the last player that's acting and the actual cards on the board.

Generally speaking this isn't a bad spot to try to pick up the pot but really depends on the player your taking the shot at and your current table image.

But all in all when it's 3 handed I would not go for checkraise on the turn I would just lead out and try to win 1.5 BB for 1 BB as opposed to 2.5BB for 2BB or possibly 3BB.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:50 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

it is really good for one thing: making the entire table think you have the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2005, 03:19 AM

It depends on how they perceive you as well. If your a tightwad at the table then it stands far greater chance of working. If you're just average or loose aggressive then I think it won't work often enough, and you'll need to improve to win. Keep in mind that if it doesn't work you want to keep the third person in so it's bad for that (unless he's the type to call two cold with Q high draw).

It's also hard to put you on a flush IMO, so the move is less likely to work. Who would check a made flush twice in a three way pot?
Old 11-14-2005, 03:42 AM

You should almost certainly be betting the flop.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:16 AM

if there was no pf raise, I'm betting this flop.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:19 AM

If you don't have odds to call for your draw on the turn here, I don't think there's any chance you have the odds to semibluff raise here (depends on potsize).

Once you check twice and then raise the turn... your play looks very suspect... not sure what the table's reaction to that might be however.