Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2005, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Ann Coulter on Cindy Sheehan

Does it strike anyone as funny that since she started this "crusade" she has had her family all but denounce her and her husband file for divorce?
Old 08-23-2005, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's a bit of a logical stretch. If I described your behaviour as "dumb-down neocon Hitleresque", am I not bashing you personally?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the harshness with which Coulter described Sheehan's behavior (this is of course, Coulter's opinion) is leading you to believe it's a personal attack against Sheehan. You don't actually believe that any criticism of a person's behavior is tantamount to a personal attack, do you? I think the fact that it is Ann Coulter is causing you to apply a double standard.

And no, I would not take your statement as a personal attack.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does it strike anyone as funny that since she started this "crusade" she has had her family all but denounce her and her husband file for divorce?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean, but the demise of her family and their embarrassment is not really "funny". More sad, really.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And no, I would not take your statement as a personal attack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop acting like a Nazi.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean, but the demise of her family and their embarrassment is not really "funny". More sad, really.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on whether or not you find humor in things like that I guess. I am a little sick, so I do.

Long story short. I think Cindy Sheehan is a hypocritical bitch. I think she is an idiot. I don't think shes a nice person. I wouldn't lend her 2 dollars for a soda. I would stop on the side of the road to she if she needed help if her car broke down, but I would feel a little bad about helping her.

Don't get me wrong, she has every right to be upset at the death of her son. However, blaming Bush for her son's death is about the most ignorant thing she can do. Bush did not make her son enlist. He knew the dangers, or should have. It's not Bush's fault. It's actually more her fault than Bush's.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Long story short. I think Cindy Sheehan is a hypocritical bitch. I think she is an idiot. I don't think shes a nice person. I wouldn't lend her 2 dollars for a soda. I would stop on the side of the road to she if she needed help if her car broke down, but I would feel a little bad about helping her.

Don't get me wrong, she has every right to be upset at the death of her son. However, blaming Bush for her son's death is about the most ignorant thing she can do. Bush did not make her son enlist. He knew the dangers, or should have. It's not Bush's fault. It's actually more her fault than Bush's.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with all that. But still don't wish ill on her and would be willing to help her. Based on some of your posts, I conclude you are Christian, right? But feeling bad helping someone in need because you disagree with her politics is a bit much. That's not hypocritical either, I suppose.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:55 PM

Default Kidluckee pwned by Ann Coulter

Wow, guys, Coulter's showing you up. At least when she described Sheehan's behavior as "Stalinist agitprop", a viable case could be made that Sheehan is engaging in this style of propaganda.

From wikipedia:

"The term 'agitprop' is now used more generically to refer to any form of mass media, such as a television program or film, that tries to influence opinion for political, commercial or other ends, especially if it aims to convince people through agitating their minds with highly emotional language of problems in present-day society or politics (which may or may not exist if analysed in an unbiased manner). Most people alive today now see "agitprop" as a contraction of agitational propaganda."

Now I think it's practically a given that Sheehan is using highly emotional language and is trying to incite others to action through her statements and actions. Thus the term 'agitprop' fits quite nicely. I believe the Stalinist reference was thrown in for those reading who would not now the origins of agitprop.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with all that. But still don't wish ill on her and would be willing to help her. Based on some of your posts, I conclude you are Christian, right? But wouldn't help out someone in need because you disagree with her politics. That's not hypocritical either, I suppose.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, I never wished her ill will. Second, I would help her if she was in trouble, I said as much, but I also said I wouldn't feel good about it. I am Christian, and I am not too hypocritical, at least in that post and this one.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:00 PM

The worst thing is that she has completely disgraced her fallen son.

To clarify this, she has essentially labeled the deaths of her son and the servicemen he has fallen with as pointless, a waste, and their leaders and their efforts as one big terrorist machine, as murderers of the innocent, and she has further disgraced herself and her son's memory with her foul mouth, anti-semitism, and in some cases outright lies that she spews to the national media.

Anti-war? Fine. Disgracing the honor and memory of American soldiers and marines who die in combat? Despicable.

-Matt
Old 08-23-2005, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The worst thing is that she has completely disgraced her fallen son.

-Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.