Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2005, 05:21 PM

Default fire again?

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero...</font>

Whats the plan here? bet and check behind on the river? check and call a river bet thats not a K or Q?

-Scott
Old 06-09-2005, 05:28 PM

Default Re: fire again?

You need to worry about a spade on the river too. I'd fire out on the turn and hope they fold. Failing that I'd be too convinced they had some suited Ace which they weren't folding and I'd check behind on the river. I think you have to call any river bet but there's always the opportunity for a great fold [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If a spade fell I'd call one but not 2 to me, and if it was check-bet-call-raise-call I'd be folding there too, unimproved.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:36 PM

Given the average Party 30/60 lineup, I prefer to bet the turn and check behind on the river.

I would fold to a check-raise on the turn most of the time, absent player info.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:33 PM

i think against players you don't have a read on, you must bet the turn, check behind on river. I would hate for a bad card (spade or overcard) coming on the river and having to make a tough decision to call the river.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think against players you don't have a read on, you must bet the turn, check behind on river. I would hate for a bad card (spade or overcard) coming on the river and having to make a tough decision to call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I have an easy river call regardless what card hits on the river after I check.

the question is which play makes more money in the long run?

-Scott
Old 06-09-2005, 09:15 PM

why are you worried about a k or q on the river? what hand could they have called with that a k or q is of worry. on line, it is definitely more profitable to check and call any river, because you will get bluffed at so much.
Old 06-09-2005, 09:34 PM

K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] x [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2005, 09:34 PM

If you check the Turn and it gets checked to you on the River, any thoughts on betting the River for value?

PairTheBoard
Old 06-09-2005, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you check the Turn and it gets checked to you on the River, any thoughts on betting the River for value?

PairTheBoard

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I'd bet the river for sure if he checks to me again.

-Scott
Old 06-09-2005, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why are you worried about a k or q on the river? what hand could they have called with that a k or q is of worry. on line, it is definitely more profitable to check and call any river, because you will get bluffed at so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought so too, thanks for confirming.

-Scott