Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2005, 11:05 AM

Default Re: The Self Righteous Arrogant and MY POKER PROGRESSION

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If you dont like a post, why reply?

[/ QUOTE ]

To reduce the amount of crap that gets posted.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. I think the tough love at these forums is beneficial for good and bad players/posters alike.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:13 AM

Ok, I'm suspicious. Is this Tilts McFabulous?
Old 09-15-2005, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stack - I can ASSURE you, post count does not represent nearly anything on these forums - besides how active one trolls.

You can sort of tell how lonely one is by their postcount. Then you can tell how much time they spend online, etc. That sort of thing you can determine by looking at post count, poker skill? Ummm I've seen people here with a thousand posts who are still playinf 3/6.

I am sorta saddened, because if they spent the time that they spent trolling forums, actually playing and learning the game, they wouldn't still be stuck at 3/6 or 5/10, but I digress.

For the sake of the argument - go to OOT and pick the first 20 random people with more than 2 thousand posts.

Then see what level they play at. You'd be surprised how little postcount has to do with skill. That's like saying Barry Greenstein sucks because he got like 15 posts on these boards total.

Is it your regular routine to ignore all content and troll? (Barron, ggqman etc)

Oh sorry checking your postcount, yes that is it.

No further questions.

How about responding to the contents of the post. You remind me of 50 year old grannies who can't hear [censored]. So they judge what you meant to say by the first 2 words they hear, or whichever ones stick out in their mind more.

Trying to turn a thread with a good point and something to think about into "oh he said nazi, that's so inappropriate", yes...

[/ QUOTE ]

post coutn does not equal poker skill.

HOWEVER, if you segment it down into WHERE the # of posts go and what % of the time those posts either contain strategy, good advice, or learning, then you'll see that yes some of the time post count does highly corralate to skill. these boards should NOT automatiaclly associate low post count with no skill. i know i dont. lestat taught me that one 100%.

done with that argument.

next is that you would consider using the word nazi to describe anybody here is wrong. so i'll say it again.

in all seriousness, go [censored] yourself.

Barron

EDIT: and are you seruiosly implying that gabe and myself ignore content and just troll? 'cause thats what it soudned like there